Christopher Boyd "Chris" Lemmon (born June 22, 1954) is an American actor and author.
Chris Lemmon at the 1990 Academy Awards
Christopher Boyd Lemmon
June 22, 1954
Gina Raymond (m. 1988)
Early life and educationEdit
Lemmon was born in Los Angeles, California, the son of actress Cynthia Stone and actor Jack Lemmon. Lemmon attended the Verde Valley School in Sedona, Arizona. With a talent for music, he was encouraged by his father to study piano. Lemmon considered playing piano professionally after having graduated from the California Institute of the Arts, with degrees in classical piano and composition, and in theater.
He appeared as an actor in numerous stage productions, including the west-coast tour of Barefoot in the Park, directed by Jerry Paris, the original West coast production of Shay by Anne Commire, and A. R. Gurney's Love Letters with Stephanie Zimbalist. He portrayed Richard Phillips in two situation comedies, Duet (1987) and Open House (1989), and also co-starred as Martin "Bru" Brubaker in the television series Thunder in Paradise, which featured American professional wrestler Hulk Hogan. Lemmon is also a screenwriter and producer. Algonquin Books published Lemmon's tribute to his father, entitled A Twist of Lemmon (2006), which was re-released in 2008 as a paperback by Applause Theatre and Cinema Books.
Lemmon was to star in the film Publicity Stunt, a comedy which he co-wrote, which was to be shot in Connecticut and directed by Joel Zwick. He and Zwick had a terrible falling out, which resulted in a series of lawsuits that spanned nearly a decade. It was finally settled when Zwick agreed to pay $1.7 million for damages and gained property of the highly controversial script. The script has never made it to light.
Lemmon adapted his tribute to his father, A Twist of Lemmon to the stage in 2015. The show, which Lemmon has performed all around the United States, follows the relationship between Lemmon and his father as seen through his father's eyes.
On December 19, 2018 after an article in The San Diego Union-Tribune,, Lemmon confirmed on Facebook that he'd had a double lung transplant due to idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and is recovering well.
Lemmon is married to actress Gina Raymond. The couple reside in Connecticut and have three children.
- Airport '77 (1977)
- Just Tell Me You Love Me (1980)
- The Happy Hooker Goes Hollywood (1980)
- Seems Like Old Times (1980)
- Just Before Dawn (1981)
- Swing Shift (1984)
- Cannonball Run II (1984)
- That's Life! (1986)
- Weekend Warriors (1986)
- Yellow Pages (1988)
- Going Undercover (1988)
- Dad (1989)
- Corporate Affairs (1990)
- Lena's Holiday (1991)
- Firehead (1991)
- Thunder in Paradise (1993)
- Thunder in Paradise II (1994)
- Thunder in Paradise III (1995)
- Wishmaster (1997)
- Best of the Best 4: Without Warning (1998)
- Land of the Free (1999)
- Just the Ticket (1999)
- Brothers and Sisters (1979)
- Mirror, Mirror (1979)
- CHiPs (1981)
- Too Close for Comfort (1981)
- 9 to 5 (1983)
- Fantasy (1982)
- Uncommon Valor (1983)
- The Outlaws (1984)
- Duet (1987-9)
- Open House (1989)
- Knots Landing (1990)
- The Match Game (1990)
- The Joint Is Jumpin' (1993)
- Thunder in Paradise (1994) (22 episodes)
- Basic Values: Sex, Shock & Censorship in the 90's (1993)
- The Pretender (1998)
- Magic Time: A Tribute to Jack Lemmon (2002)
- The Hollywood Greats (Jack Lemmon) (2006)
- 50 Films to See Before You Die (2006)
- Saenger, Diana. "Lemmon, Chris". Classic Movie Guide. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- "Famous Name Helps Actress's Career". Wilmington Morning Star. Associated Press. February 2, 1979. p. 6B. Retrieved 9 December 2014 – via Google News.
- "Chris Lemmon". Speakers on Healthcare. Archived from the original on April 15, 2009.
- Violanti, Tony (August 29, 2015). "Jack Lemmon's son bringing legendary actor's story to The Sharon". Villages-News.com. Retrieved September 28, 2015.