|Full name||Christopher Korb|
|Date of birth||October 8, 1987|
|Place of birth||Gates Mills, Ohio, United States|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|2017||→ Richmond Kickers (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:12, 28 October 2017 (UTC)|
While playing for University School, his highschool, up until 2006, he was named all Ohio and team co-captain. Korb started his collegiate career at Xavier University in 2006, appearing in 18 games, with 15 starts, and totaling two assists. After the 2006 season, Korb transferred to the University of Akron. After sitting out the 2007 season with a quad injury, Korb started all the games Akron played from 2008 through 2010. He was a member of the Akron team that won the 2010 College Cup.
This section needs to be updated.September 2017)(
Korb was chosen in the second round, 31st overall, of the 2011 MLS SuperDraft by D.C. United. He signed a contract with the club on March 1, 2011, and made his professional debut on March 26 in a 2-1 loss to New England Revolution
Chris Korb suffered a season-ending ACL tear in his right knee against New York City FC on August 13, 2015. He had further complications and underwent additional surgery which led to Korb missing the entire 2016 season. Due to the injury, DC United declined the option on his contract for the 2017 season. After several months, Korb managed to recuperate and earned a contract extension with DC United. On May 4, 2017, to a multiyear deal with the only professional team that he had played for. Korb was loaned out to the Richmond Kickers, a United Soccer League (USL) team in the second tier of the American Soccer League System. Korb’s first game back after several years of setbacks was against USL side FC Cincinnati where he played for 71 minutes, that included an assist for a goal in the 7th minute. Korb finally resumed play for DC United on May 13, 2017 against the Philadelphia Union. On November 28, 2017 his contract option with United was declined.
University of AkronEdit
- "Chris Korb". University of Akron. Retrieved January 29, 2011.[permanent dead link]
- 2009 Cleveland Internationals roster Archived September 29, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- 2008 Cleveland Internationals roster Archived June 10, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- 2007 Cleveland Internationals roster Archived October 19, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- 2006 Cleveland Internationals roster Archived October 5, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "MLS SuperDraft Selections". Associated Press. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 5, 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-02.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Revolution hold back United in whistle-filled affair
- "D.C. United exercise contract options on six players". dcunited.com. November 28, 2017. Retrieved November 30, 2017.