|Main ingredients||Cocoa, oil, milk, sugar|
|Variations||Use of hazelnut|
Although it tastes, smells, and looks like chocolate, it does not solidify, even at room temperature. The paste usually contains cocoa and vegetable or palm oil, and is also likely to contain milk, sugar and additional flavors. Some varieties include nuts (e.g., ground hazelnuts) or honey. Chocolate spread is normally sold in glass jars or plastic tubs.
|Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)|
|Energy||2,262 kJ (541 kcal)|
|†Percentages are roughly approximated using US recommendations for adults. |
Source: USDA Nutrient Database
- Raines, K. (2016). On Toast: Tartines, Crostini, and Open-Faced Sandwiches. Quarry Books. p. 111. ISBN 978-1-63159-077-1. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- Serna-Saldivar, S.O. (2012). Cereal Grains: Laboratory Reference and Procedures Manual. Food Preservation Technology. CRC Press. p. 270. ISBN 978-1-4398-5566-9. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- Specter, Francesca (February 13, 2018). "Pancake Day 2018: Recipe for chocolate Nutella pancakes by Nigella Lawson". Express.co.uk. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- Mendel, Y.; Ranta, R. (2016). From the Arab Other to the Israeli Self: Palestinian Culture in the Making of Israeli National Identity. Studies in Migration and Diaspora. Taylor & Francis. p. 92. ISBN 978-1-317-13171-7. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- Hull, P. (2010). Glucose Syrups: Technology and Applications. John Wiley & Sons. p. 210. ISBN 978-1-4051-7556-2. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- "HERSHEY'S Spreads Chocolate". The Hershey Company. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Ranken, M.D.; Baker, C.G.J.; Kill, R.C. (1997). Food Industries Manual. Springer US. p. 402. ISBN 978-0-7514-0404-3. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- Darmody, Michelle (December 21, 2017). "Who knew roasted hazelnut and chocolate spread could be healthy?". Irish Examiner. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- Selling Power. Selling Power. 2007. p. 120. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- ECIE 2017 12th European Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Academic Conferences and Publishing International Limited. 2017. p. 615. ISBN 978-1-911218-55-5. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- Media related to Chocolate spreads at Wikimedia Commons
|This confectionery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|