for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Member(s)||Muhammad Hasan Mahmud|
The constituency was created for the first general elections in newly independent Bangladesh, held in 1973.
Ahead of the 2008 general election, the Election Commission redrew constituency boundaries to reflect population changes revealed by the 2001 Bangladesh census. The 2008 redistricting altered the boundaries of the constituency.
Ahead of the 2014 general election, the Election Commission renumbered the seat for Sandwip Upazila from Chittagong-16 to Chittagong-3, bumping up by one the suffix of the former constituency of that name and the higher numbered constituencies in the district. Prior to that, Chittagong-7 had encompassed all but one union parishad (Sreepur Kharandwip) of Boalkhali Upazila, and Chittagong City Corporation wards 3 through 7.
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 2010sEdit
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|JSD||Moin Uddin Khan Badal||150,648||51.7||N/A|
|IAB||Md. Abdur Rahim Molla||655||0.2||N/A|
|Jatiya Party (M)||AAM Haider Ali Chowdhury||115||0.0||N/A|
|Independent||Md. Nurul Islam||103||0.0||N/A|
|JSD gain from BNP|
|BNP||Salahuddin Quader Chowdhury||65,116||49.0||+7.3|
|Awami League||Mohammad Sadek Chowdhury||55,267||41.6||+4.7|
|Independent||Md. Nurul Alam Talung||11,830||8.9||-6.0|
|CPB||Pramod Baran Barua||403||0.3||N/A|
|Independent||Kazi Md. Yusuf||201||0.2||N/A|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|BNP||Salahuddin Quader Chowdhury||39,296||41.7||+17.3|
|Awami League||Mohammad Sadek Chowdhury||34,754||36.9||N/A|
|Independent||Md. Nurul Alam||14,086||14.9||N/A|
|BIF||Qazi Mohammad Musa Naymi||1,421||1.5||-0.1|
|JP(E)||Md. Nazrul Islam||893||0.9||N/A|
|Zaker Party||M. A. Haider Chowdhury||112||0.1||0.0|
|Awami League gain from CPB|
|NDP||Giasuddin Quader Chowdhury||27,640||32.2|
|BNP||Md. Nurul Alam||20,991||24.4|
|BIF||Fazlul Kabir Chowdhury||1,385||1.6|
|Independent||Babu Sontos Bhuson Das||615||0.7|
|Independent||Sadekun Nur C||386||0.4|
|Zaker Party||M. A. Haider Chowdhury||106||0.1|
|NAP (Bhashani)||A. Kader Chowdhury||99||0.1|
|Bangladesh Muslim League (Kader)||Alamgir Chowdhury||86||0.1|
|CPB gain from JP(E)|
- "Chattogram-7". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- Rahman, Syedur (2010). Historical Dictionary of Bangladesh. Scarecrow Press. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-8108-7453-4.
- Liton, Shakhawat (11 July 2008). "Final list of redrawn JS seats published". The Daily Star.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 1st Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 2nd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Zakaria, Mohammad (14 December 2013). "The number now goes up to 151". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- পরিসংখ্যান প্রতিবেদন ৯ম জাতীয় সংসদ নির্বাচন [Statistics Report 9th Parliament Election] (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). pp. 300, 322.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.