for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Party||Jatiya Party (Ershad)|
|Member(s)||Anisul Islam Mahmud|
The constituency was created for the first general elections in newly independent Bangladesh, held in 1973.
Ahead of the 2014 general election, the Election Commission shifted the boundaries of the constituency. Previously it had encompassed Raozan Upazila and only one union parishad of Hathazari Upazila: Garduara.
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 2010sEdit
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Awami League||A. B. M. Fazle Karim Chowdhury||86,606||52.4||+7.6|
|BNP||Giasuddin Quader Chowdhury||78,711||47.6||-3.4|
|Awami League gain from BNP|
|BNP||Syed Wahidul Alam||84,063||51.0||+3.6|
|Awami League||Md. Ibrahim Hossain Chowdhury||73,938||44.8||+9.6|
|BIF||Abul Bashar Siddiqi||4,854||2.9||+1.3|
|IJOF||Nazim Uddin Chowdhury||1,895||1.2||N/A|
|Independent||Syed Md. Musa Kalimullah||195||0.1||N/A|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|BNP||Syed Wahidul Alam||57,010||47.4||-8.1|
|Awami League||Md. Abdus Salam||42,311||35.2||-3.6|
|JP(E)||Anisul Islam Mahmud||12,964||10.8||+8.4|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||Mohammad Omar Faruk||5,075||4.2||N/A|
|BIF||Syed Md. Rafiqul Islam||1,914||1.6||-0.4|
|BKA||Mohammad Abdur Razzak||560||0.5||-0.3|
|Gano Forum||Ratan Roy||250||0.2||N/A|
|Zaker Party||Nowab Miah||170||0.1||-0.2|
|BNP||Syed Wahidul Alam||56,469||55.5|
|Awami League||Md. Nazim Uddin||39,471||38.8|
|JP(E)||Md. Abdulla Al Mamun||2,400||2.4|
|NDP||A. K. M. Ah. Chowdhury||308||0.3|
|Zaker Party||Nowab Miah||283||0.3|
|BNP gain from JP(E)|
- "Chattogram-5". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "53 constituencies get new boundaries". The Daily Star. 4 July 2013.
- Bangladesh Election Commission (13 February 2018). "Parliament Election 1973: Constituency wise Result of Chittagong-5". Archived from the original on 20 February 2018. Retrieved 20 February 2018.
- "List of 2nd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Ahmed, Taib (15 December 2013). "AL closer to majority before voting". New Age. Dhaka. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.