for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Member(s)||Abu Reza Muhammad Nezamuddin|
The constituency was created for the first general elections in newly independent Bangladesh, held in 1973.
Ahead of the 2014 general election, the Election Commission renumbered the seat for Sandwip Upazila from Chittagong-16 to Chittagong-3, bumping up by one the suffix of the former constituency of that name and the higher numbered constituencies in the district. Thus Chittagong-15 covers the area previously covered by Chittagong-14. Previously Chittagong-15 encompassed Banshkhali Upazila.
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 2010sEdit
|Awami League||Abu Reza Mohammad Nejamuddin||101,866||95.8||+48.3|
|BNF||Joynal Abedin Quaderi||4,448||4.2||N/A|
|Awami League gain from BNP|
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|BNP||Jafrul Islam Chowdhury||99,896||51.7||-10.8|
|Awami League||Sultanul Kabir Chowdhary||91,870||47.5||+12.6|
|BIF||Mohammed Azizur Rahman Aziz||1,133||0.6||N/A|
|Gano Forum||Ranjit Kumar Sikdar||415||0.2||N/A|
|BNP||Jafrul Islam Chowdhury||100,856||62.5||+24.5|
|Awami League||Sultanul Kabir Chowdhury||56,314||34.9||+6.4|
|IJOF||Aminur Rashid Chowdhury||3,516||2.2||N/A|
|Liberal Party Bangladesh||Mohiuddin Hiru||357||0.2||N/A|
|Bangladesh Progressive Party||Syed Mujibar Rahman Quayes||66||0.0||N/A|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|BNP||Jafrul Islam Chowdhury||45,392||38.0||+27.9|
|Awami League||Sultanul Kabir Chowdhury||34,076||28.5||-3.7|
|JP(E)||Mahmudul Islam Chowdhury||18,624||15.6||N/A|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||Muminul Haque Chowdhury||18,070||15.1||N/A|
|IOJ||Izharul Islam Chowdhury||2,048||1.7||N/A|
|Zaker Party||Nurul Haque||517||0.4||N/A|
|BNP gain from Awami League|
|Awami League||Sultanul Kabir Chowdhury||29,704||32.2|
|Independent||Mahmudul Islam Chowdhury||29,078||31.5|
|BNP||Abu Saleh Chowdhury||9,308||10.1|
|Bangladesh Janata Party||Kamal Uddin||1,295||1.4|
|JSD (R)||Mokhter Ahmed||1,072||1.2|
|Bangladesh Muslim League (Kader)||Mujubur Rahman||303||0.3|
|BAKSAL||Kh. Md. Somi Uddin||288||0.3|
|Awami League gain from JP(E)|
- "Chattogram-15". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 1st Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 2nd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Chittagong-15". Bangladesh Election Result 2014. Dhaka Tribune. Archived from the original on 30 March 2016. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Electoral Area Result Statistics: Chittagong-15". AmarMP. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Parisankhyana pratibedana 9ma jatiya sangsad nirbacana" পরিসংখ্যান প্রতিবেদন ৯ম জাতীয় সংসদ নির্বাচন [Statistics Report 9th Parliament Election] (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). p. 322.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.