Chipping Norton School
Chipping Norton School is a mixed secondary school with academy status located in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom. It is attended by 1000 students, with 200 in Sixth Form. It has no specific religious denomination and is a non-boarding, Arts and Science college. The school joined the River Learning Trust, a multi-academy trust on 1 March 2017.
|Chipping Norton School|
|Department for Education URN||137936 Tables|
|Head teacher||B Doherty|
|Age||11 to 18|
|Houses||Evenlode, Glyme, Windrush, Stour|
The current head teacher is Barry Doherty, who replaced Simon Duffy from September 2018.
New Science Block, 2011Edit
The School extended to include a new 3-floor Science Block in 2011. It is next to the town's Leisure Centre and replaced a car park which used to be there.
The building of the new Science Block also came with the building of a new entrance.
Chipping Norton School has had three full inspections carried out by Ofsted since 2012.
- 2012: The school was judged to be 'Good' overall and achieved a '2' in every marking category (on a scale of 1–4, 1 being exceptional and 4 being inadequate). They determined that the Sixth Form was also 'Good', and that the headteacher, Simon Duffy, was clearly pushing to raise the school's rating further.
- 2015: This was the first inspection after the school had gained academy status, and was deemed to be 'Inadequate' overall, with the Sixth Form still being rated 'Good'. The report found that attendance was below national averages and attainment of students was also below expectations.
- 2017: The report now deemed the school to be 'Good' and the Sixth Form to be 'Outstanding'. This was the last report under headteacher Simon Duffy.
- Mr. B.C. Orme (May 1928-April 1933)
- Mr. A.W. Steward (May 1933-April 1944)
- Mr. C.A. Coomber (June 1944-December 1947)
- Mr. J.S. Robinson (April 1948-December 1951)
- Mr. P.W. Martin (April 1952-December 1957)
- Mr. J.D. Hobkinson (January 1958-December 1964)
- Arthur Nockels (January 1965-1980)
- John Howells (1980- )
- Richard Graydon ( -2005)
- Simon Duffy (2005-2018)
- Barry Doherty (2018-Present)
- humans.txt. "News - River Learning Trust". www.riverlearningtrust.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Schools news". Chipping Norton News. September 2018.
- "The Ex Chipping Norton School Page". www.exchippy.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- email@example.com, Ofsted Communications Team (2018-09-20). "Find an inspection report and registered childcare". reports.ofsted.gov.uk. Archived from the original on 2018-09-13. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- Callow, Jemma (23 August 2007). "Touching tribute to former headteacher". Banbury Guardian.
|This Oxfordshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|