Chipmunk basic was originally developed for the Apple Macintosh and has been ported to Linux and Windows. The "windowed" Macintosh version includes a wide variety of graphics drawing commands. It also has object-oriented capabilities.
The current version of Chipmunk Basic (and its spinoff products for Palm OS, cBasPad and HotPaw BASIC) was based on a public domain, Pascal implementation by David Gillespie, author of the Pascal translation tool p2c.
|Wikibooks has a book on the topic of: Chipmunk Basic help|
- "about David Gillespie". Archived from the original on 2014-10-12. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- This Beta Test release for Mac OS X 10.9 and 10.10 includes a major rewrite to support Cocoa, thus some Mac specific features from older Carbon and PowerPC versions may be missing or broken. Please send bug reports.
- "Chipmunk Basic Home Page". Retrieved August 26, 2020.
- Ron's Basic Programming and Chipmunk Basic Home Page
- public domain source code for the original Chipmunk Basic
|This programming-language-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|