Chip of the Flying U (1940 film)
(Redirected from Chip of the Flying U (1939 film))
Chip of the Flying U is a 1939 western film directed by Ralph Staub and starring Johnny Mack Brown. It was produced and distributed by Universal Pictures and is a remake of their silent epic starring Hoot Gibson.
|Chip of the Flying U|
|Directed by||Ralph Staub|
|Produced by||Albert Ray|
|Written by||Larry Rhine(screenplay)|
|Based on||novel by Bertha Muzzy Sinclair|
|Starring||Johnny Mack Brown|
|Music by||Charles Previn|
|Cinematography||William A. Sickner|
|Edited by||Louis Sackin|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|November 29, 1939|
- Johnny Mack Brown - 'Chip' Bennett
- Bob Baker - 'Dusty'
- Fuzzy Knight - 'Weary'
- Doris Weston - Margaret Whitmore
- Forrest Taylor - J.G. Whitmore
- Anthony Warde - Ed Duncan
- Karl Hackett - Hennessy
- Henry Hall - Banker Wilson
- Claire Whitney - Miss Robinson
- Ferris Taylor - Sheriff
- Cecil Kellogg - Red
- The Texas Rangers - Musicians
- Dick, Bernard K. (2015). City of Dreams: The Making and Remaking of Universal Pictures. University Press of Kentucky. p. 116. ISBN 9780813158891.
- The AFI Catalog of Feature Films:..Chip of the Flying U
- Tuska, Jon (1999). The Western Story: A Chronological Treasury. U of Nebraska Press. p. 152. ISBN 0803294395. Retrieved 29 January 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)