Chinese Skating Association
|Affiliation||International Skating Union|
Notable people in Chinese figure skatingEdit
- Yao Bin & Luan Bo Pairs team now coaches - first Chinese pair skaters at a Winter Olympics
- Chen Lu - singles skater - first Chinese world champion figure skater
- Guo Zhengxin - singles skater - first man to land two quads in a free skate
- Zhang Min - singles skater
- Li Chenjiang - singles skater
- Shen Xue & Zhao Hongbo - First Chinese skaters to win Olympic Gold
ISU Events Hosted by ChinaEdit
Focus on JumpsEdit
In the 1990s Yao Bin focused on the throw quad salchow for his pairs students like Shen and Zhao. Chinese men like Guo Zhengxin, Li Chenjiang and Zhang Min focused on such jumps as the quad salchow and quad toe loop.
In February 2011, pairs skaters Sui Wenjing and Han Cong's ages became the subject of controversy. Although his ISU bio lists Han as born on August 6, 1992, a Chinese website suggests he was born in March 1989. This would mean that during the 2010-11 season he is too old for junior events. His partner's age also came under scrutiny. Her ISU bio states that she was born on July 18, 1995 but the Chinese website suggests she was born on May 7, 1997, making her 12 and thus, too young to compete in junior events during the 2009–10 season, including the 2010 World Junior Championships, as well as senior Grand Prix events during the 2010–11 season.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-01-13. Retrieved 2010-12-11.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "China eyed over 9 athletes' ages". Associated Press. ESPN. February 14, 2011. Retrieved February 14, 2011.