China in the ABU TV Song Festival
The participation of China in the ABU TV Song Festival has occurred thrice since the inaugural ABU TV Song Festival began in 2012. Since their début in 2012, the Chinese entry has been organised by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV). Cao Fujia, Zheng Qi Dou Yan and Zhou Bibi have both represented the nation at the 2012, 2013 and 2014 festivals respectively. In 2015, China withdrew from the festival. In 2016 they returned to the festival.
|Member station||China Central Television (CCTV)|
CCTV is one of the founder members in the ABU TV Song Festivals, having participated in the very first ABU TV Song Festival 2012. CCTV internally selected Cao Fujia to sing in Seoul, she performed "Qian gua (牵挂)" on stage.
On 15 June 2013 it was confirmed that China would participate in the second ABU TV Song Festival in Hanoi, Vietnam. The Group Zheng Qi Dou Yan (Splendid 7) was made up of 7 national minorities from across China, Uighur, Mongolian, Korean, Yi, Zhuang, Tibetan and Hui. At the festival in Hanoi, the group performed "Love Will Keep Us Together".
On 1 September 2014 it was confirmed that China would participate for a third time in the ABU TV Song Festival. On 24 September 2014 it was confirmed that Bibi Zhou would represent China with "I Miss You Missing Me", the song was released four years earlier in 2010.
On 19 August 2015 it was announced that China would not participate in the fourth edition of the ABU TV Song Festival in Istanbul, Turkey. The reason for withdrawal was not given.
|2012||Cao Fujia (曹芙嘉)||Mandarin||"Qian gua (牵挂)"||Don't Worry|
|2013||Zheng Qi Dou Yan||Mandarin||"Love Will Keep Us Together"||–|
|2014||Bibi Zhou (周笔畅)||Mandarin, English||"I Miss U Missing Me"||–|
|2015||Did not compete|
|2016||Mo Siman (莫斯满)||Mandarin||"The love from Heaven"||–|
|2017||Yisa Yu (郁可唯)||Mandarin||"Tea"||–|
|2018||Did not compete|
- Hamzah, Hanizah. "ABU TV Song Festival". Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union. Archived from the original on 20 September 2012. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- Granger, Anthony. "ABU'13: ABU TV Song Festival 2013 Confirmed In Hanoi". Eurovoix.com. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- "Splendid 7". esckaz.com. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- Granger, Anthony. "ABU TV Song Festival 2014: 12 Countries Confirmed So Far". Eurovoix.com. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- Granger, Anthony. "ATSF'14: China & Hong Kong Reveal Their Songs". Eurovoix.com. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- Granger, Anthony. "ATSF'15: 14 Countries To Participate In Istanbul". Eurovoix-World.com. Retrieved 19 August 2015.
- "ABU TV Song Festival - China". Performer's profile. abuhanoi2013.com. Retrieved 7 October 2013.