China Medical University (Taiwan)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Motto in English
|Compassion, Prudence, Diligence, Integrity|
|Postgraduates||635 (Master Degree)|
317 (Doctoral Degree)
|Campus||Taichung (main campus)|
Peikang (Yunlin County)
|China Medical University|
CMU was established as China Medical College (Chinese: 中國醫藥學院) on June 6, 1958 and transformed itself into China Medical University in 2003. It is the first academic institution in Taiwan where Chinese medicine and pharmacy programs are provided. The university has two major campuses, Taichung and Beigang.
CMU includes seven colleges where various degree programs in western medicine, Chinese medicine, pharmacy (including Chinese herbs), health care (including nursing), life sciences, public health, and management are provided.
- 1958-The establishment of China Medical College
- 1980-The establishment of China Medical College Taichung Hospital
- 1984-The establishment of China Medical College Beikang campus
- 1985-The establishment of China Medical College Beikang Hospital
- 1997-China Medical College Taichung Hospital was promoted to a Would-be Academic Medical Centers
- 2000-China Medical college Taichung Hospital was promoted to an Academic Medical Centers
- 2003-China Medical College was transformed to China Medical University
- 2007-Inauguration of Wuquan campus
- 2008-China Medical University Beikang Hospital was promoted to a Metropolitan Teaching Hospital
- 2010-Ground breaking ceremony of the Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) project for the planned Tainan Municipal Annan Hospital
International Collaboration NetworkEdit
- "Students' basic character and core competencies (in Chinese)". China Medical U. Retrieved 2014-10-20.
- "China Medical University Overview in Chinese". China Medical University, Taiwan. Retrieved 2010-03-01.
- "2015 Top MBBS Programs in China". CUCAS. Retrieved 2010-03-01.