Children in Need 2015
Children in Need 2015 is a campaign held in the United Kingdom to raise money for the charity Children in Need. 2015 marks the 30th birthday of the charity's mascot, Pudsey Bear, since 1985, and the 35th anniversary of the appeal which culminated in a live broadcast on BBC One and BBC Two on the evening of Friday 13 November until the early hours of Saturday 14 November. The broadcast was hosted by Dermot O'Leary, standing in for Sir Terry Wogan, with Tess Daly, Fearne Cotton, Rochelle Humes and Nick Grimshaw as co-hosts. Shane Richie hosted the period the show was broadcasting on BBC Two. The show was broadcast from the BBC in Elstree but also includes regular regional opt-outs. Wogan did, however, appear in a pre-filmed Sketch and provided a documentary voice over, but was unable to present the live section of the fundraiser due to ill health, for the first and later only time since its launch in 1980. Wogan died in January 2016, making Children in Need 2014 his last appearance as host.
|Children in Need 2015|
|Presented by||Dermot O'Leary|
|Narrated by||Alan Dedicoat|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Production location(s)||BBC Elstree Centre|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||13-14 November 2015|
|Preceded by||Children in Need 2014|
|Followed by||Children in Need 2016|
- Ellie Goulding - "Army"
- Children in Need Choir - "The Climb"
- Jess Glynne - "Take Me Home"
- Rod Stewart - "Way Back Home"
- Peter Andre - "Come Fly With Me"
- Selena Gomez - "Same Old Love"
- Anastacia - "Left Outside Alone"
- Shane Filan & Nadine Coyle - "I Could Be"
- EastEnders does "Top Hat"
- Call the Midwife does Strictly Come Dancing
- Warwick Davis finds "Star Wars Superfan", featuring Sir Terry Wogan
- Harry Hill 40 Years of Television
The following are totals with the times they were announced on the televised show.
|13 November 2015||21:05||£15,171,304|
|13 November 2015||21:57||£23,069,187|
|14 November 2015||02:00||£37,100,687|
- "Children in Need 2015: What time and when is it on? Everything you need to know, from Pudsey Bear to Sir Alan Sugar". Daily Telegraph. 13 November 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Sir Terry Wogan pulls out of Children in Need for health reasons". BBC News. 13 November 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Children in Need comes live from newly upgraded Elstree Studio D and Albert Square". BBC Studios and Post Production. Retrieved 15 November 2013.