Child in the House
Child in the House is a 1956 British drama film directed by Cy Endfield and starring Phyllis Calvert, Eric Portman and Stanley Baker. A girl struggles to cope with her uncaring relatives. It was based on the novel A Child in the House by Janet McNeill.
|Child in the House|
|Directed by||Cy Endfield|
|Produced by||Benjamin Fisz|
|Screenplay by||Cy Endfield|
|Based on||a novel by Janet McNeill|
|Music by||Mario Nascimbene|
|Edited by||Charles Hasse|
Golden Era Film Distributors
|Distributed by||Eros Films (UK)|
|14 August 1956 (London) (UK)|
- Phyllis Calvert - Evelyn Acheson
- Eric Portman - Henry Acheson
- Stanley Baker - Stephen Lorimer
- Mandy Miller - Elizabeth Lorimer
- Dora Bryan - Cassie
- Joan Hickson - Cook
- Victor Maddern - Bert
- Percy Herbert - Detective Sergeant Taylor
- Joan Benham - Vera McNally
- Martin Miller - Professor Topolski
- Christopher Toyne - Peter McNally
- Molly Urquhart - Mrs Parsons
- Bruce Beeby - Constable Jennings
- Peter Burton - Howard Forbes
- Maggie Smith - Party guest (screen debut - uncredited)
- Alfie Bass - Ticket collector
- "Child in the House (1956) | BFI". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Child In The House Trailer, Reviews and Schedule for Child In The House | TVGuide.com". Movies.tvguide.com. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Child in the House | Film review and movie reviews". Radio Times. 8 April 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2014.