The Chicago Dogs are an independent professional baseball team based in Rosemont, Illinois. They began play in the American Association in 2018. The team plays its home games at the 6,300-seat Impact Field. The team's branding alludes to the Chicago-style hot dog, a local street food.
|League||American Association of Independent Professional Baseball|
|Colors||Light blue, red, white |
In 2018, their first year as a team, the Dogs' manager was Butch Hobson. They finished the season in fourth place (out of six teams) in the American Association North Division, with a win-loss record of 45–54.
In 2019, Carlos Zambrano joined the Dogs' roster. Zambrano had pitched in the Major Leagues for 12 years, most of them as a member of the Chicago Cubs. Butch Hobson continued to serve as the team's manager.
Chicago Dogs roster
|Active (22-man) roster||Coaches/Other|
- Reichard, Kevin (July 28, 2017). "New for 2018: Chicago Dogs". Ballpark Digest. Retrieved July 28, 2017.
- Belzer, Jason (September 13, 2017). "A New Minor League Team Tries To Run With The Big Dogs In Chicago". Forbes. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- Bannon, Tim (July 28, 2017). "Rosemont's new baseball team gets a tasty name: Chicago Dogs". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved July 28, 2017.
- "Chicago Dogs to Play Ball in Rosemont". WBBM-TV/CBS Chicago. May 10, 2018. Retrieved May 12, 2018.
- Selvam, Ashok (July 28, 2017). "Chicago's Love of Hot Dogs Inspires New Baseball Team's Name". Eater Chicago. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- "2018 American Association". Baseball Reference. Retrieved May 19, 2019.
- Thompson, Phil (May 18, 2019). "Weather Delays His Return, but the Carlos Zambrano Effect Is in Full Force for the Independent Chicago Dogs". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved May 19, 2019.
- Kenney, Madeline (April 20, 2019). "After 44 Years in Baseball, Chicago Dogs Manager Hobson Wouldn't Change a Thing". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved May 20, 2019.
- Reaven, Steve (May 29, 2018). "Chicago Dogs Lose After Ninth-Inning Collapse, But Fans Are Winners at Impact Field". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved July 11, 2018.
- Bird, Hillary (July 9, 2018). "A Kid's Guide to a Chicago Dogs Baseball Game". Chicago Parent. Retrieved July 11, 2018.