Chhang Dawa Sherpa (aka Dawa Sherpa) (Nepali: छाङ दावा शेर्पा): (born July 30, 1982) is a Nepalese mountaineer and the youngest mountaineer till 2019 to summit the 14 highest peaks. Dawa and his brother Mingma Sherpa together hold the world record as "first brothers to summit the 14 highest peaks", a single record shared by the two.
|Born||July 30, 1982|
|Relatives||Mingma Sherpa Tashi Lakpa Sherpa (brother)|
Dawa as his first 8000ers, first reached the summit of Makalu (8485 m) in the Spring of 2001 without supplementary oxygen along with his brother Mingma Sherpa. He and his brother Mingma Sherpa attained the Guinness world record of "World's First Two Brothers" to successfully summit the fourteen mountains of the world which are over 8000 meters in height. Sherpa brothers used supplementary oxygen only on four highest 8000ers among all fourteen. They now operate the expedition company named Seven Summits Treks, which organize climbs and treks throughout Nepal, Pakistan and China.
|S.no||Name of mountain||Year||Season||Height (m.)||Country|
Leading in 8000ersEdit
- K2 Expedition: Chhang Dawa has been leading expedition in the Karakorum including K2 since 2012-current.
- K2 Winter 2020/2021: 2 Nepali teams led by Nirmal Puja and Mingma "G" Gelje managed to climb K2 in winter for the first time. One member of Chhang Dawa's team was among the 10 Nepalease climbers together at the top. Chhang Dawa himself stayed in base camp.
|S.no||Name of mountain||Year|
- "Chhang Dawa Sherpa". Archived from the original on 2013-10-05.
- "World Record: Sherpas: The Invisible Men of Everest".
- "Mt. Everest 2005: 48 summit Everest including 5 women from the south side: Summits May 30, 2005".
- "First siblings to climb all 8,000ers | Guinness World Records".
- "DOME KANG (7,264M), FIRST ASCENT AND CORRECTION OF HISTORY". The American Alpine Club. Retrieved 21 December 2021.
- "Dome Khang".
- Bhattacharya, Snigdhendu (16 Jan 2021). "'We Did It, We Did It,' Nepali Sherpas Scale 'Savage Mountain' K2 In Winter For First Time". Outlook The Fully Loaded Magazine. Outlook. Retrieved 16 January 2021.
- Prasain, Sangam. "Mission possible: Ten Nepalis become first to climb Mt K2 in the dead of winter". The Kathmandu Post. Retrieved 17 January 2021.
- "Nepali Climbers Make Historic Winter Ascent of K2".
- "Three Sherpa brothers become first Nepalis to set foot on South Pole, Mt Vinson next".