Chester's International, known as Chester's or Chester's Chicken, is a fried chicken quick-service restaurant based in Birmingham, Alabama, United States. W.O. Giles founded Chester's in October 1965 and adopted Chester the Chicken as the emerging foodservice company's mascot, named for the Chester Goode character on Gunsmoke, a favorite TV show of Giles'. In late 2012, the company moved its headquarters to the Birmingham suburb of Mountain Brook, Alabama.
The company began franchising its concept in July 2004 and has grown to in-line locations in shopping plazas and mall food courts. According to Entrepreneur, As of July 2017[update], the chain has more than 1,000 locations worldwide.
- "Chester's International Expansion Plans Come Home to Roost". QSR. October 18, 2005. Retrieved December 14, 2012.
- "Beloved Chester the Chicken Turns 40 and Invites Everyone to the Celebration with a Birthday Party and 40 Cent Chicken Tenders" (Press release). Franchise Bison. September 23, 2005. Archived from the original on January 20, 2013. Retrieved December 14, 2012.
- Poe, Ryan (May 25, 2012). "Family-owned Chester's moves HQ to spot in Mountain Brook". Birmingham Business Journal. Retrieved December 14, 2012.
- "Chester's Franchise Information". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- Ryan, Matt (April 23, 2021). "Cluck This is Good News! A Yummy and Rare New Food Chain is Opening at the Jersey Shore". 94.3 The Point. Retrieved 2021-06-07.
- Chandler, Jennifer. "Chester's Chicken To Go opens location in Downtown Memphis". The Commercial Appeal. Retrieved 2021-06-07.