Cheryl Hall (born 23 July 1950 in London) is a British actress. She is best known for playing Shirley Johnson in the British sitcom Citizen Smith (1977-1979) and had a recurring role as Sadie in The Bill (1981-1988).
|Born||23 July 1950|
(m. 1974; div. 1980)
|Partner(s)||Robin Askwith (1970-1973)|
Hall has also appeared in Dear Mother...Love Albert playing Rodney Bewes' screen girlfriend. She appeared in the Doctor Who story Carnival of Monsters (1973). At one point Hall had been shortlisted for the part of the Doctor's companion Jo Grant before the part went to Katy Manning. Hall also played Linda, Sid Abbott's secretary in Bless This House starring Sid James. Hall starred in an episode of Sykes (1972) and also played an inmate in one episode of Within These Walls (1974) and was David Jason's love interest in the ITV sitcom Lucky Feller (1976). She was Robert Lindsay's girlfriend in the show Citizen Smith (1977). She also had a small role in EastEnders. Film appearances included the Avarice segment of The Magnificent Seven Deadly Sins and the all-star pop comedy Three for All (1975).
Hall was the Labour Party parliamentary candidate for Canterbury in the 1997 General Election. She also served as a member of Kent County Council, holding the position of Leader of the Labour group for a period.
|1970||Deep End||Red Hat Girl|
|To Catch a Spy||Clarke's Girlfriend||uncredited|
|The Magnificent Seven Deadly Sins||Vanessa||segment "Avarice"|
|1973||The Love Ban||Pregnant Girl|
|No Sex Please, We're British||Daphne Martin|
|1975||Three for All||Pet|
- On the Buses (1971) - Eileen
- The Fenn Street Gang (1971) - Brenda
- Callan (1972) - Gladys
- Albert! (1972) - Doreen Bissel
- Sykes (1972) - Deirdre
- Public Eye - Beryl Taylor
- Doctor Who (1973) - Shirna
- Z-Cars (1973) - Maureen Price
- Bless This House (1974) - Linda
- The Sweeney (1975) - Jenny
- Dixon of Dock Green (1976) - Rita Batty
- Softly, Softly: Task Force (1976) - Minerva Myers
- Survivors (1977) - Mavis
- Get Some In! (1977) - Melody
- Citizen Smith (1977-1979) - Shirley Johnson
- Danger UXB (1979) - Jean
- Tales of the Unexpected - Irene Rankin
- The Gentle Touch (1981) - Bonus
- In Loving Memory (1982) - Vera Venables
- The Bill (1984-1988) - Sadie
- EastEnders (1988) - Christine
- As Time Goes By (1992) - Waitress
- Inspector Morse (1992) - Laura
- Grange Hill (1994) - Mrs. Catesby
- Casualty (1995) - Jane Turner
- Silent Witness (1999-2000) - Sheryl Marsh
- Waking the Dead (2002) - Valerie Truelove
- The Bill (2007) - Pauline Smith
- "Cheryl Hall". BFI. Archived from the original on 2012-07-23.
- "BBC – Doctor Who Classic Episode Guide – Carnival of Monsters – Details". bbc.co.uk.
- "BBC NEWS – VOTE 2001 – RESULTS & CONSTITUENCIES – Canterbury". bbc.co.uk.
- Robin Askwith The Confessions of Robin Askwith (Ebury Press) 1999 (ISBN 0091869714)