Keith and The Girl(Redirected from Chemda)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Keith and The Girl, abbreviated as KATG, is a comedy podcast that began on March 7, 2005,. It is hosted by Keith Malley and Chemda Khalili in Queens, New York. The hosts are known for interacting with their audience live via chat rooms, web cam and phone calls. In the show, Malley and Khalili discuss their lives and current events in humorous and unrestrained fashion. The show's tagline is "Keith and his ex-girlfriend talk shit".
|Hosted by||Keith Malley and Chemda|
|Original release||March 8, 2005 – present|
Keith and The Girl has consistently ranked in the top ten podcasts at Podcast Alley. In June 2008, the show had over 50,000 listeners and in excess of 1 million monthly downloads. It has also received multiple blogosphere podcast-specific awards. The show boasts over 30,000 website forum members. 
Keith Malley discusses his unusual accent.
Problems playing this file? See media help.
Some frequent general topics of the show include: "New York stories:" happenings in New York City (includes stories from Malley's early life working as a waiter after arriving from Somerset, Pennsylvania); "HUAR" (Humans United Against Robots): news and discussions of advancing robot technologies and their implications; and "Nerds": where Malley often professes his dislike for the "nerds" that frequent pod-casting, technology, and sci-fi conventions. (He makes frequent references to them, often using a nerd voice to impersonate them.)
Keith and The Girl TV & VIPEdit
Keith and The Girl TV began in late November 2007. It is a branch off of the original format of an hour to an hour and a half of talk and is focused more on short 3–5 minute comedy skits that usually feature a topic or guest of the previous week's show or news. Topics have included internet phenomena such as 2 Girls 1 Cup and the Cinnamon Challenge, to the inner workings of the main KATG show. Like the show it was inspired by, KATG–TV frequently ranks within the top 5 on Podcast Alley. The show has since been merged into the main KATG feed and then further merged into the VIP paywall.
In September 2011, Keith and The Girl launched KATG VIP, a paid subscription program that opened up episodes from the back catalog as well as brand new, exclusive forms of content including live recordings, KATG–TV episodes, and full access to the show's spinoff shows: "What's My Name," "My Name is Keith," "Internment," "That's the Show with Danny," "The Brother Love Owwwr!" and "Bottoms Up with Hennessey".
With the addition of the VIP program came new spinoff shows: What's My Name (hosted by Khalili); My Name is Keith, an interview podcast hosted by Malley; Internment, a behind-the-scenes look at life in the Keith and The Girl studio; "That's the Show with Danny", hosted by Danny Hatch; The Brother Love OWWWer, artist Brother Love answers audience relationship questions; and Bottom's Up with Hennessy.
Regular guests on the show include comedians Lauren Hennessy, Christian Finnegan, Bobcat Goldthwait, Marc Maron, Doug Stanhope, Ted Alexandro; and Stuckey and Murray to name a few. Other personalities appearing regularly on the show include Andrew W.K., Dennis Madalone, and Brother Love, among others.
- Blogger's Choice Awards 2008 – Best Video Blogger (Winner)
- Podcast Awards 2007 – Peoples Choice (Winner)
- Podcast Awards 2007 – Best Mature Podcast (Winner)
- Svenska Podradiopriset 2007 – Bästa Utländska Kanal (Winner)
- Blogger's Choice Awards 2007 – Best Podcast (Winner)
- Podcast Awards 2006 – Best Mature Podcast (Nominated)
- Podcast Awards 2005 – Best Mature Podcast (Nominated)
What Do We Do Now? Keith and The Girl’s Smart Answers To Your Stupid Relationship Questions is Keith and The Girl's relationship book, which was released on March 9, 2010. Malley self-published his autobiography, The Great American Novel, in November 2010.
In 2014, Keith and The Girl released The Ultimate Podcasting Guide as a "how-to" for starting and succeeding in podcasting.
Malley comedy discographyEdit
- Coming of Age (2004)
- Children's Party Songs (2005)
- Happy to Serve You (2006)
- Point / Counterpoint (2007)
- Sue Everybody (2008)
- Culture Shock (2009)
- Can You Imagine? (2010)
- Stay Inside (2011)
- State of the Union (2012)
- Good Clean Fun (2013)
- God Made Me: The Very Worst of Keith Malley, Vol. 1 (2014)
- God Made Me: The Very Worst of Keith Malley, Vol. 2 (2015)
- A Future to Believe In (2016)
- Woke (2017)
Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation v. Keith MalleyEdit
Anticipating a future Simpsons movie, in 1999 Malley registered "TheSimpsonsMovie.com" as an act of cybersquatting. In 2007, the year of The Simpsons Movie's release, Malley rejected a $300(U.S.) offer by Twentieth Century Fox for the domain name. Twentieth Century Fox took its complaint to the World Intellectual Property Organization, and subsequently paid Malley an undisclosed amount for the domain name.
- "The Podcast is the Product for Keith and The Girl". Village Voice. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- Love, Matthew. "Keith and the Girl and NYC PodFest help you jump on the podcast badwagon". TimeOut New York. Retrieved 29 October 2016.
- "Top Rated Podcasts". Top 20 Rated Podcasts (11/2007–All). Archived from the original on December 24, 2007. Retrieved November 16, 2006.
- "Businessweek". Don't Quit Your Day Job, Podcasters. Archived from the original on April 6, 2007. Retrieved March 31, 2007.
- 2008 Winners; Blogger's Choice Awards
- 2007 Winners; Blogger's Choice Awards
- Melloan, Jim. "All the Real Girls: Pioneering Podcast Brings Listeners Together in Love and Lust". Observer. Retrieved 29 October 2016.
- Keith and The Girl; forum
- List of Recent Podcasts; Library online; accessed January 2014.
- Hess, Ken. "Learn the art of podcasting from Keith and The Girl". ZDNet. Retrieved 29 October 2016.
- "Crushed (2009)", She's Crushed; at the Internet Movie Database; retrieved April 12, 2010
- U.N. agency rules for 'The Simpsons'; USATODAY.com; accessed .
- WIPO—Domain Name Decision; #D2007-0760; WIPO.int online; accessed .