Chartered Strategic Wealth Professional
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Chartered Strategic Wealth Professional (CSWP) designation is a professional certification conferred by Canadian Securities Institute, a Canadian financial education company that provides courses, programs, certifications, and designations for financial industry professionals.
About the designationEdit
The CSWPdesignation is a specialized wealth management designation in Canada developed to help advisors service the increasing number of clients who have complex financial needs. It is the only wealth management designation built specifically to manage the complex financial needs of affluent clients. CSWP designation holders are trusted financial consultants who possess an exceptional amount of wealth management expertise. They are capable of coordinating every financially related aspect of their clients’ lives.
In addition to the increasing number of Canadian advisors who have achieved this designation, in 2010, CSI Global Education Inc. conferred this designation to 59 financial advisors from China. A comparable designation is not available in the U.S.
The CSWP program is designed to advance professionals in the financial advice industry who:
- Hold titles such as:
- Investment Advisor
- Wealth Advisor
- Financial Advisor
- Financial Planner
- Life Insurance Specialist
- Securities firms
- Financial planning organizations
- Insurance companies
- Mutual fund dealers
Program participants must:
- Already hold one of the following recognized financial planning designations:
- Have completed one of these two courses offered by CSI Global Education Inc.:
- Wealth Management Essentials
- Professional Financial Planning
Once these requirements are met, the program participant must complete the following three courses (in any order):
- Advanced Investment Strategies
- Advanced Retirement Management Strategies
- Advanced Estate Planning & Trust Services
Upon completion all of the above requirements, the program participant is required to complete the Strategic Wealth 360 program, an intensive 10-week program that includes the following:
- A client discovery interview to develop a relationship with a client over the phone and uncover further client needs that may not have been revealed during the case study
- Creation of a wealth plan
- Presentation of the wealth plan to a panel (including the client)
All elements of the Strategic Wealth 360 program are assessed and feedback is provided to the program participant.
Program participants must have three years of experience working with, or in support of, clients before they are eligible to complete the Strategic Wealth 360 program.
Upon completing all of the above requirements, program participants can apply for the CSWP designation.
Program participants must complete education, examination and ethics requirements to receive authorization to use the designation. Once they have earned this right, they must also:
- Sign a Code of Ethics and Trademark Licensing Agreement
- Complete 12 hours of continuing education (CE) credits per year
- Pay annual membership dues
The topics covered through these courses include: Advanced Investment Strategies
- Wealth management for affluent clients
Advanced Retirement Management Strategies
- How to help clients meet their financial retirement goals
Advanced Estate Planning & Trust Services
- How to help clients meet their estate planning goals