Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ross Venokur|
|Written by||Ross Venokur|
|Music by||Tom Howe|
|Edited by||Roy Neal|
|Distributed by||Smith Global Media|
|April 20, 2018 (Spain)|
|Box office||$2.2 million|
The film explores the untold stories of Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty who discover that they are all engaged to the same Prince Charming. After a fairy spills a large amount of charm dust on Charming, Prince Charming, led by the heroine Lenore, a woman who is incapable of love, must go on an epic journey to find his one truest of loves.
On September 18, 2014, it was announced that producers John H. Williams and Henry Skelsey's newly formed animated production company 3QU Media would be developing its first film Charming with Vanguard Animation, and in association with Cinesite. Ross Venokur will direct the film based on his own script, and the film's budget would be under $20 million. On February 19, 2015, Demi Lovato was cast in the film to provide her voice for the female lead role of Lenore, and she will also executive produce the music score for the film. On August 5, 2015, Avril Lavigne, Ashley Tisdale, and G.E.M. joined the cast to voice Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty, respectively. SC Films International will handle the international sales for the film. Wilmer Valderrama was cast as Prince Charming on September 16, 2015.
Production on the film was done at the new animation studio Cinesite in August 2015 in Montreal. On June 28, 2017, it was reported that a newly launched distribution company, Smith Global Media, had acquired distribution rights to the film.
The film was postponed for an undisclosed time in 2017 despite the filming, recording and production having been completed in December 2017. Despite Vanguard Animation not officially announcing the film's release date, IMDB announced through their website that the film is scheduled to be released on the 20th May in Spain and 31 in Portugal, in Europe with a yet to be determined 2018 release and also for North America.
In November 2015, it was announced that Lovato will be responsible for the executive production of the soundtrack. Australian recording artist and songwriter Sia wrote two songs; "Magical" and "Baladino", performed by Demi Lovato and Sia respectively. Also, Fall Out Boy frontman Patrick Stump penned a song named "Trophy Boy", which will be sung by Lavigne, Tisdale, and G.E.M, which Tisdale confirmed on her Snapchat to her fans. The soundtrack is set to feature music from Steve Aoki as well.
- Berkowitz, Jeremy (August 5, 2015). "Avril Lavigne, Ashley Tisdale, G.E.M. join 'Charming'". Screen Daily. Retrieved May 28, 2017.
- "Charming". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- "OnTourLovato: Exclusive Interview with "Charming" director Ross Venokur, part 1". January 8, 2017. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (February 19, 2015). "Demi Lovato Joins Animated 'Charming' Movie". Variety. Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- Otterson, Joe (August 5, 2015). "Avril Lavigne, Ashley Tisdale, and G.E.M. Join Demi Lovato in Animated Comedy 'Charming'". The Wrap. Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- Pedersen, Erik. "Wilmer Valderrama Sweet-Talks His Way Into Princely 'Charming' Role". Deadline. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- Sia & Fall Out Boy's Patrick Stump to Provide Songs for Animated Comedy Musical 'Charming'
- "Steve Aoki on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2016-02-29.
- McNary, Dave (September 18, 2014). "'Shrek' Producer John Williams Launching Animated Production Company (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- Sollosi, Mary (September 16, 2015). "Wilmer Valderrama to voice Latin Prince Charming in animated fairy tale Charming". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 5, 2016.
- Hipes, Patrick (June 28, 2017). "Newbie Smith Global Media Acquires Animated Pics 'Gnome Alone' & 'Charming'". Deadline. Retrieved July 4, 2017.
- Hipes, Patrick (March 1, 2018). "'Charming' Releases". IMDB. Retrieved March 1, 2018. Missing
|last1=in Authors list (help)