Charlotte Kemp Muhl
Charlotte Kemp Muhl (born August 17, 1987), also known simply as Kemp Muhl, is an American model, singer, and musician from Atlanta, Georgia. Modeling since the age of 13, Kemp Muhl at 16 years old became the youngest model to appear on the cover of Britain’s Harper's and Queen magazine. Kemp Muhl has been in a relationship with Sean Lennon since 2006 and performs with him in the musical duo The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger.
|Charlotte Kemp Muhl|
Charlotte Kemp Muhl
August 17, 1987|
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
|Occupation||Singer-songwriter, writer, model, film director|
|Partner(s)||Sean Lennon (2006–present)|
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
Elite Model Management (New York, Paris, Barcelona, Beverly Hills, Copenhagen) |
Models 1 (London)
Model Management (Hamburg)
MP Stockholm (Stockholm)
Bon Image Corp. (Tokyo) 
Kemp Muhl is a singer/songwriter and also a multi-instrumentalist, with the instruments she plays including, guitar, bass, keyboard, and the Bayan (accordion). Lennon and Kemp Muhl are involved in a musical project, titled "The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger". The couple has also formed the record company "Chimera Music".
Kemp Muhl has another musical project she has formed with longtime friend Eden Rice, called "Kemp and Eden." Kemp and Eden have recently been signed up under the independent label River Jones Music. They have an LP, Black Lace Hole, released in 2012. Kemp Muhl has stated on a number of occasions that she uses much of the funds she earns from her lucrative modeling career to fund and produce her music.
In 2017, Charlotte Kemp Muhl founded the band Uni, with vocalist Nico Fuzz and guitarist David Strange. On November 17, 2017, they released their debut 7" single What's the Problem b/w Adult Video. Each song received the music video treatment, both directed by Kemp Muhl. The band's next release is the "Mushroom Cloud" 7", out March 23, 2018.
Kemp Muhl has a successful modeling career, and has been featured in campaigns for Tommy Hilfiger, Sisley, D&G, Donna Karan, Maybelline, Swarovski, and Jennifer Lopez’s brand J.LO. She has worked with Ellen Von Unwerth, Terry Richardson, Greg Kadel, Gilles Bensimon, and Steven Klein. From 2002-2005, Kemp Muhl was the spokesmodel of Vidal Sassoon in Asia, appearing in commercials and films across the continent.
Music videos appeared inEdit
- In 2005, she appeared briefly as Steven Tyler’s love interest in Carlos Santana’s video for Just Feel Better
- Starred as Lola in Elefant's Lolita music video (2006)
- Appeared in Whirlwind Heat's Purple music video (2003)
- Appeared in Tiziano Ferro's Imbranato music video (2002)
- Appeared in Young Love's "Find A New Way (Terry Richardson Version)" music video (2007)
Music videos directedEdit
- Directed and appeared in Jesse Harris's "Borne Away" music video. Charlotte sang background vocals as well.
- Directed and appeared in David Strange's "Aztec Corn" music video
- Directed and appeared in David Strange's "Vitamin Pills" music video
- Directed David Strange's "Cocaine" music video
- Directed David Strange's "Mean World" music video
- Directed David Strange's "Lion Tattoo" music video
- Also produced, arranged, played drums, and sang background vocals on David Strange's 2015 EP.
- Directed Invisible Familiars' "Act One" music video
- Directed The Moonlandingz' "Black Hanz" music video
- Directed Mark Stoermer's (Bassist From The Killers) "Blood and Guts" music video
- Directed Uni's "What's The Problem?" music video
- Directed Uni's "Adult Video" music video
After meeting at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, Kemp Muhl has been in a relationship with Sean Lennon since 2006. In an interview, Lennon states he stumbled upon Kemp Muhl's musical talents over a year after they had started dating. Kemp Muhl and Lennon are involved in a number of musical endeavours, and much of their work is written at their own home-based studio in Greenwich Village.
- "Kemp Muhl in GQ Italia April 2009". Style Crave. April 2009. Archived from the original on July 21, 2009. Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- "Mark Works with Lennon". Daily Mail. June 13, 2009. Retrieved February 18, 2010.
- "Pulse". The New York Times. January 22, 2010. Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- "Beauty and the Beat: Kemp Eden is more about the ethereal and the homemade face masks". style.com. August 2012.
- riverjonesmusic (2012-07-09). "Kemp & Eden « River Jones Music Label". Riverjonesmusic.com. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Joe's Pub". Joespub.com. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- Rock and Pop Features. "Sean Lennon interview". Telegraph. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Uni -- What's the Problem (08/07/2017)".
- https://www.amazon.com/Whats-Problem-Uni/dp/B07666M5LT. Missing or empty
- https://chimeramusic.com/#/store/p/mushroom-cloud. Missing or empty
- Girl of the Month: Charlotte Kemp Muhl (2010-03-16). "Girl of the Month: Charlotte Kemp Muhl - Celebrity Style and Fashion from". WhoWhatWear. Retrieved 2012-08-24.
- "Maybelline - Kemp Muhl Behind the Scenes". Maybelline.ca. Retrieved 2012-08-24.
- Leslie Bennetts Photograph by Patrick Demarchelier (2012-03-21). "His One And Ono". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl make sweet music as The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger". boston.com. 2 January 2011.