Charlie Bisharat is an American violinist known as a member of Shadowfax and for his work in film and with other New Age Jazz artists. He was born in Inglewood, CA in 1963 to parents who immigrated to the United States from Palestine in the 1950s.
|Born||March 15, 1963|
Bisharat was a member of the band Shadowfax which won the Best New Age Performance Grammy Award in 1988 for the album Folksongs for a Nuclear Village. He has toured with Yanni during the Reflections of Passion, Revolution in Sound, Dare to Dream and Yanni Live, The Symphony Concerts 1993 concert tours
Bisharat's work can be heard in more than 200 recordings, including Elton John, the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, and Lady Gaga's album Chromatica. He is also in demand as a session musician on soundtracks such as Swordfish, The Mandalorian, Aquaman, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and many Pixar films. He also featured in the music of Michael Giacchino's Ratatouille the Ride at Disneyland Paris.
Bisharat has written and recorded a jazz improvisational book and album, Beyond Classical Violi for Cherry Lane Music. In 2015, he collaborated with composer-arranger Marti Amado on the gypsy swing album Les Nouveaux Bohemiens, featuring an ensemble that includes the likes of John Jorgenson.
- Shapiro, Craig (1997-05-26). "Tesh Pleases Loyal Crowd with High-Energy Show". The Virginian-Pilot. Landmark Communications. pp. B3. Archived from the original on 2005-01-04. Retrieved 2007-12-16.
- "Charlie Bisharat – Inside Jazz". insidejazz.com. Retrieved 2020-10-02.
- "Charlie Bisharat | Yamaha Artists". www.yamaha.com. Retrieved 2020-10-02.
- Along the Amazon - Charlie Bisharat | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic, retrieved 2020-10-02
- Les Nouveau Bohemiens - Gypsy Swing Allstars | Credits | AllMusic, retrieved 2020-10-02