Charlie's Angels (2019 film)
Charlie's Angels is an upcoming American action comedy film directed by Elizabeth Banks, who also wrote the screenplay, from a story by Evan Spiliotopoulos and David Auburn. Its the third installment in the Charlie's Angels film series, which is based on the television series of the same name created by Ivan Goff and Ben Roberts, and also serves as a standalone sequel of both original series and previous films.
|Directed by||Elizabeth Banks|
|Screenplay by||Elizabeth Banks|
|Music by||Brian Tyler|
|Edited by||Mary Jo Markey|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures|
Charlie’s Angels have always provided security and investigative skills to private clients, and now the Townsend Agency has expanded internationally, with the smartest, most fearless, most highly trained women all over the globe – multiple teams of Angels guided by multiple Bosleys taking on the toughest jobs across the world. When a young systems engineer blows the whistle on a dangerous technology, these Angels are called into action, putting their lives on the line to protect us all.
- Kristen Stewart as Sabina Wilson
- Naomi Scott as Elena Houghlin
- Ella Balinska as Chloe Kano
- Noah Centineo as Langston
- Djimon Hounsou as Bosley
- Elizabeth Banks
- Sir Patrick Stewart
- Luis Gerardo Méndez
On September 15, 2015, it was announced that Sony Pictures Entertainment was rebooting the Charlie's Angels franchise, and Elizabeth Banks was in talks to direct the film. Banks would also produce the film along with her Brownstone Productions' partner Max Handelman. On December 16, 2015, Sony hired Evan Spiliotopoulos to write the script for the reboot film.
In July 2018, it was announced that Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska would play the leading trio of the fighting team, and Banks would also appear as their unseen boss and owner of the detective agency, Charlie Townsend. Doug Belgrad would also produce the film through his 2.0 Entertainment, along with Elizabeth Cantillon, Banks and Handelman, while Banks and Jay Basu wrote the screenplay with the early drafts by Craig Mazin and Semi Chellas. In September, Patrick Stewart was cast to play Bosley, with the film featuring multiple characters named Bosley. That same month, Luis Gerardo Méndez and Jonathan Tucker joined the cast of the film, with Djimon Hounsou cast as another Bosley. In October 2018, Sam Claflin, Noah Centineo, Chris Pang and Nat Faxon joined the cast of the film.
Principal photography on the film began on September 24, 2018. From October 2 to 7, 2018, filming took place at the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg, Germany. In early December 2018, filming took place at the Spice Bazaar, Veliefendi Race Course and in Sultanahmet in Istanbul, Turkey. Filming completed on December 9, 2018.
It was later revealed that the new movie won't be a reboot or a remake of the beloved franchise, but rather a continuation that will incorporate the events of the original TV series and the McG-directed 2000s films. It was also revealed on the movie's official site that Drew Barrymore, who produced the previous movies and played in it, will be back as an executive producer. Leonard Goldberg, producer of the original series and previous movies will also be back.
Charlie's Angels is scheduled to be released on November 15, 2019, by Columbia Pictures. It was previously set to be released three times on June 7, 2019, then September 27 and November 1 of 2019.
- "'Matrix' and 'Baby Driver' Cinematographer Bill Pope Joins 'Charlie's Angels'". 15 September 2018.
- Verhoeven, Beatrice (September 15, 2015). "Elizabeth Banks in Talks to Direct New 'Charlie's Angels' Film For Sony". thewrap.com. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
- Ford, Rebecca (December 16, 2015). "'Charlie's Angels' Reboot Lands Writer (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 17, 2015.
- Kit, Borys (July 26, 2018). "'Charlie's Angels' Reboot: Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska Join Kristen Stewart". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 29, 2018.
- Kroll, Justin (July 26, 2018). "'Charlie's Angels' Reboot Taps Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska". Variety. Retrieved July 29, 2018.
- Kit, Borys; Galuppo, Mia (September 17, 2018). "Patrick Stewart to Play Bosley in 'Charlie's Angels' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- Kit, Borys (September 25, 2018). "Luis Gerardo Méndez Joins Kristen Stewart, Elizabeth Banks in 'Charlie's Angels' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 25, 2018.
- N'Duka, Amanda (September 26, 2018). "'Westworld' & 'Kingdom' Actor Jonathan Tucker Joins Sony's 'Charlie's Angels' Reboot". Deadline. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- Kroll, Justin; Kroll, Justin (28 September 2018). "Djimon Hounsou Joins 'Charlie's Angels' as One of the Bosleys (EXCLUSIVE)".
- Kroll, Justin (October 1, 2018). "Sam Claflin Joins 'Charlie's Angels' Reboot (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- Kroll, Justin (October 2, 2018). "Noah Centineo Joins 'Charlie's Angels' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- Kroll, Justin (October 23, 2018). "'Charlie's Angels' Reboot Adds Nat Faxon, Chris Pang (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved October 23, 2018.
- Hermanns, Grant (September 25, 2018). "Production Begins on New Charlie's Angels Movie! - ComingSoon.net". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved September 25, 2018.
- Coesfeld, Franziska (September 8, 2018). "Drei neue Engel für Hamburg - Hamburger Abendblatt". Hamburger Abendblatt. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- "Charlie'nin Melekleri Mısır Çarşısı'nda". Posta (in Turkish). December 3, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- "Kristen Stewart, Veliefendi Hipodrumu'nda" (in Turkish). NTV. December 4, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- "Charlie'nin Melekleri Sultanahmet'te" (in Turkish). A Haber. December 10, 2018. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- Maggie Dela Paz (December 10, 2018). "Elizabeth Banks' Charlie's Angels Reboot Wraps Production". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- Shirley Li (April 12, 2019). "Charlie's Angels first look: See Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska in Elizabeth Banks' update". ew.com. Retrieved April 12, 2019.
- "Informations on Charlie's Angels on the movie's official site". Charlie's Angels movie. 2019. Retrieved May 19, 2019.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (March 28, 2019). "'Charlie's Angels' Flies To Mid November". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Kroll, Justin (May 23, 2017). "Elizabeth Banks' 'Charlie's Angels' Reboot Gets Summer 2019 Release Date". Variety. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- Trumbore, Dave (October 23, 2018). "Terminator 6 and Charlie's Angels Set the Same November 2019 Release Date". Collider. Retrieved October 23, 2018.