Charles Goerens (born 6 February 1952) is a Luxembourgish politician and Member of the European Parliament (MEP) from Luxembourg. He is a member of the Democratic Party, part of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe.
|Member of the European Parliament|
|Assumed office |
1 July 2009
|Born||6 February 1952|
|Political party|| Luxembourgish|
Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe
He served as Minister for Cooperation, Humanitarian Action, and Defence in the government of Jean-Claude Juncker from 7 August 1999 until 31 July 2004. He also briefly served as Minister for Foreign Affairs from 20 July 2004 until 31 July 2004. He lost these posts when Juncker had to form a new coalition government after the 2004 parliamentary elections.
Since 2009, Goerens has been serving as a member of the Committee on Development and of the Subcommittee on Human Rights. Following the 2019 European Parliament election, he also became a vice-chair of the Committee on Constitutional Affairs.
In addition to his committee assignments, Goerens is a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on Extreme Poverty and Human Rights and the MEPs Against Cancer group (since 2019). He also co-chairs the cross-party Working Group on Fair Trade (sponsored by Fair Trade Advocacy).
- Friends of the Global Fund, Vice-Chair of the Board
- Fondation pour la construction de l'avenir du Luxembourg (FOCAL), Member of the Board
- "Charles Goerens". ALDE. Archived from the original on 1 October 2009. Retrieved 29 August 2010.
- "Charles Goerens" (in French). Government of Luxembourg. Archived from the original on 25 May 2011. Retrieved 29 August 2010.
- "Your MEPs : Charles GOERENS". Europa. Retrieved 29 August 2010.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on Extreme Poverty and Human Rights.
- MAC MEPs in the 2019-24 legislature MEPs Against Cancer.
- Fair Trade housewarming at the European Parliament Archived 2018-01-10 at the Wayback Machine Fair Trade Advocacy, press release of 8 October 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charles Goerens.|
- ALDE-Fraktion im Europaparliament:Charles Goerens
- Europäisches Parliament:Charles Goerens
- Luxemburg: interview with Goerens as defence minister " "Die Lage ist ruhig, aber fragil". Der Verteidigungsminister über die Lage im Kosovo (german)
| Minister for Cooperation, Humanitarian Action, and Defence
| Minister for the Environment
| Minister of Foreign Affairs
|Party political offices|
| President of the DP
|This article about a Luxembourgish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Luxembourg is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|