This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chandran Kukathas (born 12 September 1957) is a Malaysian-born Australian political theorist and the author of several books. He is the Head of the Department of Government at the London School of Economics, where he holds the Chair in Political Theory.
|Born||12 September 1957 (age 62)|
|Alma mater||Australian National University|
University of New South Wales
University of Oxford
|Employer||London School of Economics|
Chandran Kukathas was born on 12 September 1957 in The Federation of Malaya which later became a part of Malaysia. He obtained a BA in History and Political Science from Australian National University and an MA in Politics from University of New South Wales. He earned his DPhil in Politics from the University of Oxford.
Kukathas has taught at the Australian Defence Force Academy campus of the University of New South Wales, the University of Oxford, and the Australian National University. He was the 1986-87 R.C.Hoiles Postdoctoral Fellow at the Institute for Humane Studies at George Mason University. He was, from 2003-2007, the Neal A. Maxwell Professor of Political Theory, Public Policy and Public Service in the Department of Political Science at the University of Utah. He has held visiting positions at the Social Philosophy and Policy Center, Bowling Green State University (1991) and the Murphy Institute, Tulane University (2003). He has also been a visiting professor in the departments of Political Science and Philosophy at the National University of Singapore.
Kukathas supports a radically minimalist form of political liberalism, where there are multiple forms of authority, each of which is legitimate.
- Kukathas, Chandran (1989). Hayek and Modern Liberalism. Oxford, U.K.: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780198273264. OCLC 19325329.
- Kukathas, Chandran; Pettit, Phillip (1990). Rawls: A Theory of Justice and Its Critics. Stanford, California: Stanford University Press. ISBN 9780804717687. OCLC 23017999.
- Kukathas, Chandran (2003). The Liberal Archipelago: A Theory of Diversity and Freedom. Oxford, U.K.: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199257546. OCLC 60561912.
- "Advisory Board: Chandran Kukathas". Institute of Economic Affairs. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "Chandran Kukathas". Independent Institute. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "Professor Chandran Kukathas". London School of Economics. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- Magistad, Mary Kay (22 September 2016). "An argument for (more) open borders: Whose Century Is It?". PRI.org (Public Radio International). Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- Moon, J. Donald (January 2005). "Chandran Kukathas, The Liberal Archipelago: A Theory of Diversity and Freedom" Book Review". Ethics. 115 (2): 422–427. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
|This biography of an Australian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a political scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|