Chandrakanta (2017 TV series)
Chandrakanta — Ek Mayavi Prem Gaatha (English: Chandrakanta - An Elusive Love Story) is an Indian supernatural fantasy television series which premiered on Colors TV on 24 June 2017 and ended on 16 June 2018. Based on the novel of the same name written by Devaki Nandan Khatri, it tells the story of Princess Chandrakanta. The show is produced by Ekta Kapoor and directed by Ranjan Kumar Singh under the Balaji Telefilms banner. The series stars Madhurima Tuli, Urvashi Dholakia, and Vishal Aditya Singh.
|Chandrakanta — Ek Mayavi Prem Gaatha|
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Directed by||Ranjan Kumar Singh|
Vishal Aditya Singh
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||94|
|Running time||41 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Original release||24 June 2017– 16 June 2018|
Chandrakanta is born to Ratnaprabha (Shilpa Sakhlani), a great Ayyara(magician), who has the most powerful dagger of Lord Vishnu. Iravati (Urvashi Dholakia), an evil queen wants the dagger to rule the whole world and conquers Vijaygarh. Ratnaprabha stores the dagger at Lord Vishnu's temple to protect it and pass it to Chandrakanta after 21 years.
21 Years LaterEdit
21 years later, Iravati is still searching the dagger while Veerendra / Veer (Vishal Aditya Singh), her step son awes to her words and plans to conquer Suryagarh kingdom. Chandrakanta (Madhurima Tuli), raised by a poor fisherman couple, gets the dagger, but she doesn't know what she had acquired. Iravati emotionally blackmails Veer that she is suffering from black magic done by a girl with dagger mark on her body. He goes to Suryagarh and initially, pretends to be a lover of Chandrakanta in order to take revenge but as time went by, developed soft feelings and starts loving her. After a lot of events and turns, Queen Iravati finally succeeded to kill Chandrakanta and gets the Dagger.
Few months laterEdit
Chandrakanta returns as Suryakanta (Pooja Banerjee) with a revamped avatar to find out that Veer had forgotten about the past time he has spent with her and has become a ruthless warrior under Iravati. After a long hurdle Veer regains his memory and finds out the truth about his mother and Chandrakanta and then decides to oppose his mother. He fights off and defeats the demons sent by his mother and saves Chandrakanta on several occasions and also fights his stepbrother Swayam (Shaad Randhawa), the beast and defeats him in quite a few occasions but is unable to kill him. Finally Veer finds out that Swayam is immortal as blessed by Lord Vishnu and then he gives up his life fighting the beast and protecting Chandrakanta. Chandrakanta then as advised by Lord Vishnu injects Swayam's blood in Veer's body and resurrects him which shows some changes in his eyes which indicates that there is some change which has happened to Veer and in the mean time Tej (Ajay Arya), Veer's friend, Umang (Nirmal Soni), Chandrakanta's friend and Bhadra Maa (Maleeka R Ghai) gets captured and tortured by Iravati to find out Chandrakanta. After resurrecting Veer back to life Chandrakanta finds out that Veer has received a new form of power which is the form of Narsimha a powerful form like the Avatar of Lord Vishnu and finds out that Veer is the divine warrior and is chosen to put an end to the despotic rule of Queen Iravati and Swayam. Finally Chandrakanta teaches Veer to learn to control his new found powers and finally after a long fight Veer takes the form of the great Narsimha and kills Swayam and finally puts an end to the terror of Hirnasur. however Iravati escapes and sorts the help of the "Asurs" from the Paatal Lok to defeat Veer and in the mean time Veer and Chandrakanta establishes peace and prosperity in Vijaygarh.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2017||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress in a Lead Role||Madhurima Tuli||Nominated|
|Best Actress in a Negative Role||Urvashi Dholakia||Won|
|2018||Garv Indian Television Awards||Best Comeback||Urvashi Dholakia||Won |
|Best Actress in Negative Role (Critics)|
|Best Actress in Negative Role (Popular)|
|Best Art Direction||Bikram Navin|
|Best Actress (Critics)||Urvashi Dholakia||Nominated|
|Best Serial (Popular)||Ekta Kapoor|
- Madhurima Tuli as Queen Chandrakanta of Vijaygarh/Soorya
- Vishal Aditya Singh as King Veerendra Pratap Singh of Vijaygarh/Veer, Step-son of Queen Iravati
- Urvashi Dholakia as Queen Iravati of Vijaygarh
- Nikhil Arya as Prince Dhruv of Chandangarh
- Shaad Randhawa as Prince Swayam, Step brother of Veer, and son of Iravati
- Pooja Banerjee as Sooryakanta, Chandrakanta's disguise
- Punit Talreja as Kroor Singh.
- Surjit Saha as Bhuwan
- Maleeka R Ghai as Bhadrama, a witch
- Prerna Wanvari as Mayavi/Vishakha, Chandrakanta's maternal aunt
- Charvi Saraf/Renee Dhyani as Gehna.
- Shreyas Pandit as Daksh, Iravati's elder brother
- Lalit Sharma as Aryan, Iravati's nephew, Daksh and Nishi's son
- Roma Bali as Nishi, Daksh's wife
- Rita Kaul Kotru as Aaina, Iravati's former advisor who is a spirit residing inside a mythical mirror
- Surendra Thakur as a monster
- Shrruti Gholap as Ruchi, Chandrakanta's foster mother
- Nitin Wakhariya as Koopat Singh, minister of Sooryagarh
- Ajay Arya as Tej Singh, Veerendra's friend
- Shilpa Sakhlani as Queen Ratnaprabha of Vijaygarh, Chandrakanta's birth mother and former ruler of Vijaygarh
- Sandeep Rajora as Raja Jai Singh, former king of Vijaygarh and birth father of Chandrakanta
- Nirmal Soni as Umang, a genie, Chandrakanta's friend
- Charu Mehra as Princess Sonakshi, Sooryagarh's princess
- Sunaina Shukla as Princess Sataakshi, Sooryagarh's princess
- Deepak as Kancha, Iravati's secret shape-shifting spy
- Purvi Mundada as Champa.
- Surendra Thakur as Beast
- Ethan rao as Saand Typhoon.
- Unnamed as King Avantimala, Sooryagarh's monarch
- Neha Chowdhury as Daas
- Saman Sadiq Ahmad as Sooryagarh's soldier
- Priyanka Sharma (2016-12-07). "Chandrakanta is making a comeback on two channels together, watch videos". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- "2018 - Garv Indian Television Honours". 31 August 2017.