Chandini Tamilarasan is an Indian film actress who has appeared in Tamil and Telugu language films. She made her debut in the lead role in K. Bhagyaraj's Siddhu +2 (2010), before signing to play role in Naan Rajavaga Pogiren (2013).
12 August 1990
|Alma mater||Ethiraj College for Women|
Chandini was born to Tamilarasan and Padmanjali, Brought up in Nungambakkam, Chennai finishing her schooling at Sacred Heart Matriculation Hr. Sec School, Church Park, Anna Salai, Chennai, Then she went on to study Visual Communications Degree from Ethiraj College for Women.
She was among the contestants for the Miss Chennai 2007 pageant, aged 17, but did not finish in the top three. Post that in 2009, she appeared in a reality show on a Tamil channel and it was then that she got a call from K. Bhagyaraj's office asking her to come for a screen test for his new venture. She subsequently impressed and was signed to appear in Siddhu +2 which starred Bhagyaraj's son, Shanthnoo, alongside her. The film after a delay released in December 2010 but performed poorly at the box office, winning average reviews. In mid-2010, she signed on and worked in a film titled Padithurai featuring newcomers while the producer of the film was leading Tamil actor Arya. The film did not get a theatrical release. Although she received more offers, she declined all of them and returned to college to finish her education. She completed her degree in 2014.
She was seen in Prithvi Rajkumar's Naan Rajavaga Pogiren in 2013 alongside Nakul and Avani Modi, and the film has dialogues written by Vetrimaaran. Later that year she made her Telugu debut in the action-drama Kalicharan, which is set in the 1980s, and based on true incidents revolving around the life of late MLA Erra Satyam. Her next two films, Lovers and Kiraak, released one week apart from another in August 2014. Upcoming films of Chandini include the Suseenthiran production Vil Ambu directed by Ramesh Subramaniam, which will see her playing a slum dweller and Anjana Ali Khan's Palaandu Vaazhga, in which she plays an IT professional. Besides, she is working on two untitled Telugu projects, a horror-comedy and a romantic-drama, which will be actor Naresh's son, Naveen's debut film.
|2013||Naan Rajavaga Pogiren||Valli||Tamil|
|2016||Chitram Bhalare Vichiram||Telugu|
|2016||Kannula Kaasa Kattappa||Shaalu||Tamil|
|2017||Kattappavae Kaanom||Sheela||Tamil||Guest appearance|
|2017||Paambhu Sattai||Herself||Tamil||Guest appearance|
|2017||Balloon||Jeevanandham's girlfriend||Tamil||Guest appearance|
|2019||Kadhal Munnetra Kazhagam||Tamil|
|2019||Naan Avalai Sandhitha Pothu||Tamil||Filming|
|2019||Nandu En Nanban||Tamil||Filming|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-10.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Pillai, Sreedhar (30 October 2009). "Chandini from Chennai". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- K. Jeshi (7 January 2011). "On a roll". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Cinema Plus / Film Review : Just pass". The Hindu. 12 December 2010. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Cinema Plus / Columns : Itsy-bitsy". The Hindu. 25 June 2010. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "'I Like Stepping out of my Comfort Zone'". The New Indian Express.
- "Chandini completes her degree, ready to focus on acting". The Indian Express. 9 September 2014.
- "Proud to be part of 'Kalicharan': Chandini". The New Indian Express. IANS. 27 April 2013. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- IANS (29 March 2015). "Happy with the way my career is shaping: Chandini".
- "Chandini to romance Naveen". The Times of India.