This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008)
|Place of origin||Indian subcontinent|
|Region or state||North India|
|Main ingredients||Chickpeas, onion, tomatoes, coriander, garlic, chiles, ginger, oil, spices|
Along with chickpeas, the ingredients of chana masala typically include onion, chopped tomatoes, ghee, cumin, turmeric, coriander powder, garlic, chillies, ginger, amchoor or lemon juice, and garam masala.
To prepare chana masala, raw chickpeas are soaked overnight in water. They are then drained, rinsed, and cooked with onions, tomatoes, and spices.
- Anupy, Anupy Singla (2010). The Indian Slow Cooker: 50 Healthy, Easy, Authentic Recipes. Agate Publishing. p. 77.
- Singh, Manali (2018). Vegetarian Indian Cooking with Your Instant Pot: 75 Traditional Recipes That Are Easier, Quicker and Healthier. Page Street Publishing. pp. 13–14.
- Vora, Nisha (2019). The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook: Wholesome, Indulgent Plant-Based Recipes. Penguin Publishing Group. p. 342.
- Hingle, Richa (2022). Vegan Richa's Instant PotTM Cookbook: 150 Plant-based Recipes from Indian Cuisine and Beyond. Hachette Books. p. 166.
- Pitre, Urvashi (September 19, 2017). Indian Instant Pot® Cookbook: Traditional Indian Dishes Made Easy and Fast. Rockridge Press. p. 54. ISBN 978-1939754547.