Champagne (Miss Kittin & The Hacker EP)
Champagne is the debut extended play (EP) by the French recording duo Miss Kittin & The Hacker, which was released in July 1998. The EP became an immediate hit in Germany and Europe. Several of the album's songs were later included on the duo's debut studio album First Album.
|Released||6 July 1998|
|Genre||Electropop, electroclash, techno|
|Label||International DeeJay Gigolo|
|Producer||Caroline Hervé, Michel Amato|
|Miss Kittin chronology|
|The Hacker chronology|
|Singles from Champagne|
Background and developmentEdit
While establishing themselves as musicians and appearing on several compilation albums for Mental Groove Records, Miss Kittin & The Hacker eventually signed to DJ Hell's label International DeeJay Gigolo Records to release their debut EP as a duo Champagne. The Hacker explained in an interview with In the Mix about the musical direction of the EP:
"When we started we decided that we won’t do classic techno. We wanted to bring back some human feelings to electronic music, and also, very important, some lyrics and with Miss Kittin’s words it was perfect. At last electronic music had something to say! Another thing was that I wanted to use classic song structure in an electronic style."
All lyrics are written by Miss Kittin & The Hacker, except where otherwise noted.
|3.||"The Grey Area"||5:16|
|7.||"Dirty Talk"||Klein + M.B.O.||2:05|
- "records.1998". Misskittin.com. Archived from the original on 2010-12-07. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- Gagne, Justin (2011). "Velle - Couture Soundtracks - Winter 2010". Velle. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- Kellman, Andy. "Miss Kittin". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- PiNKe (2003-09-17). "The Hacker: The existentialist on inthemix.com.au". In the Mix. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Miss Kittin And The Hacker* - Champagne! E.P." Discogs. Zinc Media, Inc. Retrieved 2010-10-30.