Chakravyuha (2016 film)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chakravyuha (English: Labyrinth) is a 2016 Indian action-masala film in the Kannada language, written and directed by M. Saravanan and produced by N. K. Lohith under the Sunshine Creations banner. It stars Puneeth Rajkumar and Rachita Ram in lead roles. Additionally, the film features an ensemble cast of Arun Vijay, Sadhu Kokila, Bhavya, Abhimanyu Singh and Rangayana Raghu in important roles. S. Thaman composed the film's score and soundtrack. The movie was dubbed in Hindi with the same name by Shree International. It is based on director's own Tamil movie Ivan Veramathiri. The key sequences of the screenplay (not found in the Tamil version) went on to be re-used in the Odia remake version Abhaya(2017).
|Directed by||M. Saravanan|
|Produced by||N. K. Lohith|
|Written by||M. Saravanan|
|Screenplay by||M. Saravanan|
|Music by||S. Thaman|
|Edited by||M. Subarak|
|Distributed by||Ramesh Yadav|
(through Jayanna Films)
|Box office||est. ₹16 crore|
Lohith (Puneeth Rajkumar), a civil engineer, kidnaps Omkaar (Arun Vijay), the brother of a law minister (Abhimanyu Singh), and keeps him in an abandoned building which is under construction because one week before, the law minister had indicated violence on the law students. One of the students manages to come out, but he was badly wounded. He tells Lohith that the law minister is behind all this. Lohith, along with Sadhu (Sadhu Kokila), takes the student to the hospital, but the doctor said that there is blood loss. Lohith then takes Anjali (Rachita Ram), a college student. She then donates her blood, but the next day, the student dies and his mother (Sithara) screams in public. Lohith takes this seriously and kidnaps Omkaar. The next day, Omkaar tries to escape, but Lohith disguises himself, thrashes Omkaar, and keeps him in another room. The law minister tries to find Omkaar but to no avail. Anjali then comes to know that Lohith has kidnapped Omkaar. She then falls in love with him, and the law minister is arrested afterward. Lohith leaves Omkaar, but then Omkaar decides to take revenge on him. When the police spots Omkaar, they chase him. Omkaar then stops Lohith and ask him for a lift. Lohith manages to subdue the police. Soon after, Lohith goes away, leaving Omkaar. Omkaar then realizes that Lohith was his kidnapper. Later, Anjali calls Omkaar and tells him that he knows the kidnapper. She then shows him an article that he crashed in a bike accident. Omkaar knew Anjali was lying, so he kidnaps her and brings her to the same building where Lohith had kept Omkaar for days. Meanwhile, ACP Raghu (Rangayana Raghu) starts interrogating the law minister. Just then, when the law minister tries to escape, Raghu shoots him. Omkaar challenges Lohith to save any people who are beloved to him. Lohith then reaches his home because he know that Omkaar was about to kidnap his mother (Bhavya). Lohith thrashes the goons in the building that Anjali is kept hostage. Lohith manages to save Anjali. Suddenly, when he is taking her to the hospital, Omkaar tries to attack Lohith, but Raghu shoots and kills Omkaar.
- Puneeth Rajkumar as Lohith, a civil engineer who kidnaps Omkaar in order to punish him for his brother's misdeed
- Rachita Ram as Anjali, a college stuent who falls in love with Lohith and gets kidnapped by Omkaar
- Arun Vijay as Omkaar, a man who gets kidnapped by Lohith and kidnaps Anjali as revenge
- Abhimanyu Singh as Law Minister, Omkaar's brother who indicated violence on law students and gets killed by Raghu
- Sadhu Kokila as Sadhu, an assistant of Lohith who helps take the wounded student to the hospital
- Rangayana Raghu as ACP Raghu, who kills the law minister and Omkaar
- Bhavya as Lohith's mother who almost gets kidnapped by Omkaar
- Sithara as the mother of the student who was assaulted in the law college
The movie made profit before its release. As per sources, the distribution and audio rights of the movie had been sold out for an amount of ₹30 Crores.
In February 2015, it was reported that M. Saravanan and Puneeth Rajkumar would work together for the first time. S. Thaman was selected to compose the music for the film. Chakravyuha, was greatly anticipated because of the associated marketing.
The film went on the floors in 2015. A song shoot has been shot in Portugal.
The film release is planned on 29 April 2016 with a premier on 28 April at Australia. It is set to have a global opening and planned to release in more than 50 countries including the UK, South Africa, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, UAE countries, US and Canada.
- The hero's name is used only four times in the entire movie, that too in the second half only.
- The hero's name in the movie - Lohith - is actor Puneeth Rajkumar's original name as well as the name of the movie producer.
- This is the first Kannada movie whose song is shot in Portugal.
- Incidentally, actor Vamsi Krishna was approached by director Saravanan to reprise the role he had done in the original, Ivan Veramathiri. However, the dates did not work out and the role was offered to his friend Arun Vijay.
- Film also features a voice over from Sudeep in the climax.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||17 March 2016|
|S. Thaman chronology|
Songs of the movie have been released on 17 March 2016 coinciding the birthday of actor Puneeth Rajkumar.
S. Thaman composed the soundtrack album (containing 4 songs) and background score for the film. The song recording of the movie commenced already, Telugu actor N. T. Rama Rao Jr. sung a song Geleya Geleya, which was his first playback singing in Kannada film and Kajal Aggarwal sung a song Yenaithu, which was her first playback singing in any language, despite knowing Kannada language
|1.||"Geleya Geleya"||Chandan Shetty||N. T. Rama Rao Jr.||3:14|
|2.||"Yenaithu"||Kaviraj||Puneeth Rajkumar, Kajal Aggarwal||4:44|
|4.||"Theme of Chakravyuha"||Chandan Shetty||Chandan Shetty||2:08|
The album was also release in Hindi it contains 3 songs and all lyrics by Shree International Company
|Hindi Track listing|
|2.||"Are Are Kaun Hain Tu"||04:40|
|3.||"Natkhat Tera Pyaar (Movie Version)"||Megha||03:24|
|4.||"Natkhat Tera Pyaar (Original Version)"||Megha||03:28|
Awards and nominationsEdit
Mirchi Music AwardsEdit
Star as A Singing Sensation - Jr. NTR (for "Geleya Geleya")
- Upadhyaya, Prakash. "Sandalwood 2016: Highest-grossing Kannada movies of 2016 at the box office". Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- "Puneeth Rajkumar's 'Chakravyuha' Makes Profit Even Before Release!". Filmibeat. 22 December 2015. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- Veena (7 January 2016). Filmi Beat (ed.). "Puneeth & Rachita Ram Head To Portugal For Chakravyuha Song Shooting!". Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "Chakravyuha to Premiere in Oz on April 21". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 13 March 2016.
- "Movie Review: Chakravyuha". Bangalore Mirror. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "Details". Vijaykarnatakaepaper.com. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "Telugu actor roped in for SRK's next - Times of India". Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "BIG NEWS: Sudeep's Voice For Puneeth Rajkumar's Chakravyuha!". 4 March 2016. Archived from the original on 23 March 2016. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "Geleya Geleya Jr NTR Chakravyuha Full Video Song". ulaska. Retrieved 8 March 2016.