María Isabel Iglesias Preysler (born 3 September 1971 in Cascais, Portugal) better known as Chábeli Iglesias is a Spanish journalist and socialite. She is the daughter of Spanish singer Julio Iglesias and Filipina socialite Isabel Preysler, and the older sister of singers Julio Iglesias Jr. and Enrique Iglesias.
María Isabel Iglesias Preysler
September 3, 1971
Ricardo Bofill Maggiora Vergano
(m. 1993; div. 1996)
Christian Altaba (m. 2001)
Iglesias has appeared in many local and international covers of gossip and entertainment magazines worldwide, at a young age, as the entertainment industry made the Iglesiases one of their favourite celebrity families. After the kidnapping of her grandfather in 1985, her father Julio Iglesias decided to move her and her brothers to safety in Miami in the United States, where she lived in protective custody. During the 1990s, Iglesias appeared in several American talk shows. This was followed by a television show called El Show de Chábeli, which aired on Univision.
Chábeli Iglesias was married to Ricardo Bofill Jr, the son of Spanish architect Ricardo Bofill. Their marriage ended several years later.
In June 1999, Iglesias was involved in a car accident in Los Angeles in California, requiring hospitalization. The police declared that with the kind of injuries she had, only one out of a million people would survive. She was in the passenger seat when the vehicle rolled over several times and both passengers were ejected.
On 8 October 2001, she married businessman Christian Fernando Altaba. Their son Alejandro Altaba was born prematurely on 14 January 2002. Alejandro's godparents are Julio Iglesias, Jr. and Ana Boyer.
On 2 February 2010, Iglesias announced that she was pregnant with twin girls who were expected to be born in the summer of 2010. However, on 12 March 2010, People en Español reported that she had suffered a miscarriage. In February 2012 she announced that she and her husband had become parents of a daughter, Sofia Altaba on 4 January 2012, after a pregnancy kept totally secret.
- "The Filipino People's Ancestry:Julio Iglesias Jr. and Chabel Iglesias in Traditional Filipino Clothing". Pinoy Blog Machine (Beta). 2007-10-03. Archived from the original on 2009-01-27.
- "Preysler Family" (PDF). www.geocities.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-03-27.
- R. Arce. "Filipino Peoples' Real Ancestry". Filipino Cultured.
- Couzens, Gerard (20 December 2005). "Julio, the Daddy of them all, dies at 90". Daily Mail. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- "Julio Iglesias' Daughter Isabel Hurt in Crash". Los Angeles Times. 1999-06-22.
- People Archived 2011-08-29 at the Wayback Machine