Chaal Jeevi Laiye!
Chaal Jeevi Laiye! (transl. Come, let's live!) is a 2019 Indian Gujarati-language comedy-drama road film written and directed by Vipul Mehta. Produced by Rashmin Majithia, the film stars Siddharth Randeria, Yash Soni and Aarohi Patel. The soundtrack was composed by Sachin–Jigar. It is the highest grossing Gujarati film of all time.
|Chaal Jeevi Laiye!|
Chaal Jeevi Laiye Official Poster
|Directed by||Vipul Mehta|
|Produced by||Rashmin Majithia|
|Written by||Vipul Mehta and Jainish Ejardar|
|Edited by||Jitendra K Shah|
|Distributed by||Coconut Movies Release|
|Box office||est. ₹52.14 crore (US$7.3 million)|
Aditya Parikh and his father Bipin Chandra Parikh begin to explore the meaning of life as they meet a stranger traveler named Ketki, who takes them on a journey of surprises and realizations that strengthens their bond with every situation that tests their drifting relationship.
|Chaal Jeevi Laiye|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||21 January 2019|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zen Music Gujarati|
All lyrics are written by Niren Bhatt; all music is composed by Sachin-Jigar.
|1.||"Chaand Ne Kaho"||Jigardan Gadhavi, Sachin Sanghvi, Tanishkaa Sanghvi, Various Artists||5:19|
|2.||"Pa Pa Pagli"||Sonu Nigam, Various Artists||4:36|
|3.||"Ghanu Jeevo"||Keerthi Sagathia, Bhoomi Trivedi, Various Artists||3:05|
|4.||"Ghanu Jeevo Reprise"||Keerthi Sagathia, Bhoomi Trivedi, Various Artists||1:16|
The songs were leaked online before their official release.
The film was released in India on 1 February 2019. Following success, it was released in Australia on 14 March 2019, and in New Zealand, and United Kingdom on 15 March 2019. The film was also released in Germany, Singapore, Canada and in some countries of Africa. The film completed 50 weeks in cinemas on 17 January 2020. It will be re-released on 31 January 2020 with subtitles and some additional shots.
According to Bookmyshow, an online ticket booking website, the film earned around ₹44 lakh (US$62,000) on its first day and almost ₹7 crore (US$980,000) in first week. According to trade analyst Komal Nahta, the film became the highest-grossing film of Gujarati cinema.
The film completed 50 weeks in the theatres on 17 January 2020. It had collected the gross of approximately ₹50 crore (US$7.0 million) and the net of about ₹40-42 crore in India. In overseas market, according to Rentrak, the film earned $130,000 in US, $53,031 in United Kingdom, $81,814 in Australia, $13,159 in New Zealand and $25,000 elsewhere. The film grossed over approximately about $3,03,004 (₹2.14 crore) in total in overseas market.
The film received mostly positive reviews by the critics. Shruti Jambhekar of The Times of India rated it 4 out of 5 and praised the director for screenplay, editing, cinematography, music and performances. Saurabh Shah rated it 4 out of 5 and praised direction, music and performances but criticised the length of the climax. Mid-day Gujarati noted the trend of films based on the father-son relationships and gave a positive review. Tushar Dave writing for Sarjak.org praised the film for its message, cinematography, music and performances of lead actors but criticised some dialogues, melodrama, performance of Aruna Irani and length of the climax.
- "EXCLUSIVE: 'Sholay Of Gujarati Cinema' Chaal Jeevi Laiye to complete 50 WEEKS on January 17; re-release all over on January 31!". BollywoodHungama. Retrieved 17 January 2020.
- "Chal Jeevi Laiye Box Office Collections". BookMyShow. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- Jambhekar, Shruti. "Chaal Jeevi Laiye Movie Review 4.0/5". The Times Of India - Ahmedabad eEdition.
- Chhatwani, Deepali (18 January 2019). "Dhollywood Jodia to watch out for this year". The Times Of India. Ahmedabad. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "'ચાલ જીવી લઈએ': ઉત્તરાખંડનાં ખૂબસૂરત સ્થળે લઈ જતી પહેલી ગુજરાતી ફિલ્મ". Chitralekha (in Gujarati). Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "Chal Jeevi Laiye song composed by Sachin-Jigar leaked online". The Times of India. 8 January 2019. Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "It was a starry Thursday night at the premieres for Dhollywood". The Times of India. 2 February 2019. Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "Chaal Jeevi Laiye!". www.boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- Komal Nahta [@KomalNahta] (14 March 2019). "Vipul Mehta's Chaal Jeevi Laiye! becomes the biggest blockbuster of Gujarati cinema ever. Surpasses previous highest grosser, Shu Thaiyu?, by more than 100%. To release this week in USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand and several other Overseas markets" (Tweet). Retrieved 9 May 2019 – via Twitter.
- Baddhan, Raj (14 March 2019). "Box Office: 'Chaal Jeevi Laiye' declared biggest Gujarati hit in history". BizAsia. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- Shah, Saurabh (2 February 2019). "સિરિયસ થઈને મરવાને બદલે હસતાં રમતાં 'ચાલ, જીવી લઈએ'". NewsPremi Gujarati (in Gujarati). Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "Movie Review:ચાલ જીવી લઈએ, ચાલો જોઈ લઈએ". www.gujaratimidday.com (in Gujarati). 2 February 2019. Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- Dave, Tushar (2 February 2019). "Film Review : ચાલ જીવી લઈએ !". Sarjak. Retrieved 11 February 2019.