Central University of Gujarat
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Rama Shankar Dubey|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, ACU|
The university includes 16 schools, 14 academic departments, and 2 other special centres.
The Central Universities Bill 2009 aims at creating one new central university each in Bihar, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu.
It also seeks to convert Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya in Chhattisgarh, Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya in Sagar (Madhya Pradesh) and Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University in Uttarakhand into Central universities.
- "Hasmukh Adhia appointed Chancellor of Central University of Gujarat". indianexpress. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- "Association of Commonwealth Universities Membars-Asia". Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- "Central Universities Act, 2009" (PDF). Central University of Bihar. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 May 2012. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- "Annual Report 2015-16" (PDF). Central University of Gujarat. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "List of Central Universities in India" (PDF). education.nic.in. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 February 2012. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Parliament passes bill to set 12 central varsities". articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Times of India. 25 February 2009.
|This article about a university or college in Gujarat, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|