Central States Intercollegiate Conference
The Central States Intercollegiate Conference (CSIC) was an American intercollegiate athletic conference affiliated with the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) from 1976 to 1989. It was known to be one of the toughest NAIA conferences in the nation.
|Central States Intercollegiate Conference|
In 1976, four members from the Great Plains Athletic Conference decided to move away from that conference, which was affiliated with the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference and form the Central States Intercollegiate Conference. Other institutions who joined the CSIC were Wayne State College who competed in the Nebraska College Conference, Missouri Southern State College and Missouri Western State College who competed as a NAIA Independent.
In 1987, all institutions in the CSIC applied for NCAA membership, with the announcement of four schools Missouri Southern, Missouri Western, Pittsburg State and Washburn already becoming a member of the Missouri Intercollegiate Athletics Association in 1989.
|Emporia State University||Emporia, Kansas||1863||Hornets/Lady Hornets||1976||1989||Mid-America|
|Fort Hays State University||Hays, Kansas||1902||Tigers|
|Kearney State College||Kearney, Nebraska||1905||Lopers|
|Missouri Southern State College||Joplin, Missouri||1937||Lions|
|Missouri Western State College||St. Joseph, Missouri||1915||Griffons|
|Pittsburg State University||Pittsburg, Kansas||1903||Gorillas|
|Washburn University||Topeka, Kansas||1865||Ichabods/Lady Blues|
|Wayne State College||Wayne, Nebraska||1910||Wildcats||Northern Sun|
|Track & Field|
- "Central States Intercollegiate Conference - NCAA History". Sites.google.com. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- "Wayne State Wildcats - History". Wscwildcats.com. May 20, 1998. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- "Missouri Southern State Historical Data". Cfbdatawarehouse.com. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- "Missouri Western State Historical Data". Cfbdatawarehouse.com. Archived from the original on May 26, 2015. Retrieved July 13, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "The Fort Scott Tribune - Google News Archive Search". Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- "Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association - Conference History". Themiaa.com. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- "The Fort Scott Tribune - Google News Archive Search". Retrieved August 4, 2016.
- "Missouri Western Magazine". Missouriwestern.edu. January 30, 2015. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- "Big changes for Huskers, Mavericks and Lopers - Stories | NU Foundation". Campaignfornebraska.org. August 6, 2013. Archived from the original on July 14, 2015. Retrieved July 13, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter