Central Council of Homeopathy
Central Council of Homeopathy (CCH) is a statutory apex body under the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India. It was set up by the Government of India in 1973, and is one of the Professional Councils of University Grants Commission (UGC), formed to monitor higher education in India. Any institution desiring to grant a qualification in homeopathy is required to apply to the Council, which prescribes course curriculum and maintains central registers of homeopaths.
|Shri Nilanjan Sanyal|
|Ministry of AYUSH|
The institution set up under the Central Council of Homeopathy Act 1973, (Act 59). Any university or similar institution in India offering either a degree or a diploma in homeopathy can do so only if it is approved by CCH, apart from being listed under the schedules of the above-mentioned act. The CCH also defines particular course curriculum and notifies benchmarks that need to be maintained by homeopathy teaching institutions, apart from maintaining a central registry of all homeopathy physicians in India.
In 2007, the Union Health Ministry set up the 'National Council for Clinical Establishments' for "determine minimum standards" for clinical establishments. A CCH representative is also a formal member of this National Council.
In October 2016, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arrested the CCH's chief, Dr Ramjee Singh and another man in relation to the alleged collection of money to provide a favorable report that would allow regulatory approval.
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and SurgeryEdit
The council regulates the Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (B.H.M.S.). It is a graduate degree awarded after five and a half years' study, including one-year internship.
- Official website
- "Professional Councils". University Grants Commission (UGC) website. Archived from the original on 2010-01-06.
- "Education Plus: Homeopathy". The Hindu. Mar 22, 2005.
- "Homeopathy not attractive among medical aspirants". The Hindu. September 12, 2005.
- "National council for clinical establishments". The Hindu. Apr 18, 2007. Retrieved 14 January 2010.
- "Central Council of Homeopathy chief Dr Ramjee Singh held for graft". The Hindustan Times. 23 October 2016. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- Mandhani, Apoorva (August 8, 2017). "Gujarat HC Quashes Rules Permitting Common Counselling By State For Management Quota Seats In Ayurveda Colleges [Read Judgment]". Live Law.