Central Army (Japan)
The Central Army (中部方面隊 Chūbunhōmen-tai) is one of five active Armies of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force. It is headquartered in Itami, Hyōgo. Its responsibility is the defense of Chūgoku, Kansai, Shikoku and the Southern half of the Chūbu region.
Central Army Distinctive Unit Insignia
|Active||14 January 1960 – present|
|Branch||Japan Ground Self-Defense Force|
|Garrison/HQ||Camp Itami, Itami, Hyōgo|
|Lt. Gen. Junji Suzuki|
- Central Army, in Itami
- 3rd Division, in Itami, responsible for the defense of the Hyōgo, Kyōto, Nara, Ōsaka, Shiga and Wakayama prefectures.
- 10th Division, in Nagoya, responsible for the defense of the Aichi, Fukui, Gifu, Ishikawa, Mie and Toyama prefectures.
- 13th Brigade, in Kaita, responsible for the defense of the Chūgoku region.
- 14th Brigade, in Zentsūji, responsible for the defense of Shikoku.
- 4th Engineer Brigade, in Uji
- Western Army Artillery Unit, in Matsuyama, with three batteries of FH-70 155mm towed howitzers (in peacetime under administrative control of the 14th Brigade)
- 8th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Group, in Ono (Type 3 Chū-SAM)
- Central Army Combined (Training) Brigade, in Ōtsu
- Central Army Aviation Group, in Yao
- 5th Anti-tank Helicopter Battalion, in Ise
- Central Army Helicopter Battalion, in Mashiki
- Central Army Meteorological Company, in Mashiki
- Logistic Support Battalion, in Mashiki
- Central Army Logistic Support, in Kyoto
- Central Army Signal Group, in Itami
- 104th Signal Battalion, in Itami
- 104th Command Center Signal Battalion, in Itami
- 303rd Central Communication Company, in Itami
- Central Army Medical Service, in Itami
- Central Army Military Intelligence Battalion, in Itami
- Kansai Logistic Depot, in Uji
- Central Army Homepage (Japanese)