Central Administrative Okrug, or Tsentralny Administrativny Okrug (Russian: Центра́льный администрати́вный о́круг, Tsentralny administrativny okrug), is one of the twelve administrative okrugs of Moscow, Russia. Population: 741,967 (2010 Census); 701,353 (2002 Census). It is the core of the city that includes its oldest, historical parts: Kremlin and the former Bely Gorod and Zemlyanoy Gorod; with certain churches and fortifications as old as from XIV-XV centuries. It is also the site of Russia's highest government institutions, such as the Government house, the State Duma, the Federation Council, and most ministries. A large part of the territory is occupied by office buildings, especially in the “Moscow-City” business district on the west side of the Okrug.
Central Administrative Okrug
Центра́льный администрати́вный о́круг
Administrative okrug of Moscow
|Districts||10 + Kitai-gorod|
The okrug, governed by the prefecture, encompasses ten districts. The territory of Kitai-gorod is not a part of any district and is governed by the administrative okrug directly. As other okrugs, it was formally established in 1991. Its OKATO number is 45 286 000 000.
|TOTAL - Central Administrative Okrug||Центральный административный округ, Tsentralny administrativny okrug||701,353|
Coat of armsEdit
The Kremlin Hill, from which the colonization of Moscow began, is depicted under Yury Dolgoruky. The purple background symbolizes the supreme power of Russia, concentrated in Central Administrative Okrug. The gold unicorn was a traditional symbol of the Russian Tsars. Below him an ancient Kremlin white-stone wall is featured.
Government and infrastructureEdit
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2011)
The Interstate Aviation Committee (IAC or MAK), the aviation accident technical investigation body of the Commonwealth of Independent States, has its head office in the Yakimanka District in the okrug. The Federal Penitentiary Service has its head office in Yakimanka District.
Aeroflot has its head office in the Arbat District in the okrug. United Aircraft Corporation has its head office in the Krasnoselsky District in the okrug. Tupolev has its head office in the Basmanny District in the okrug.
- Russian Federal State Statistics Service (2011). Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года. Том 1 [2010 All-Russian Population Census, vol. 1]. Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года [2010 All-Russia Population Census] (in Russian). Federal State Statistics Service.
- Russian Federal State Statistics Service (May 21, 2004). Численность населения России, субъектов Российской Федерации в составе федеральных округов, районов, городских поселений, сельских населённых пунктов – районных центров и сельских населённых пунктов с населением 3 тысячи и более человек [Population of Russia, Its Federal Districts, Federal Subjects, Districts, Urban Localities, Rural Localities—Administrative Centers, and Rural Localities with Population of Over 3,000] (XLS). Всероссийская перепись населения 2002 года [All-Russia Population Census of 2002] (in Russian).
- All population figures are as of 2002 Census.
- "Main Archived April 6, 2013, at WebCite." Interstate Aviation Committee. Retrieved on 24 June 2010. "119017, Moscow, Russia Bolshaya Ordynka str. 22/2/1" Address in Russian Archived April 6, 2013, at WebCite: 119017, Москва, Россия ул.Большая Ордынка, 22/2/1
- "Federal Penitentiary Service Archived November 25, 2011, at the Wayback Machine." Government of Russia. Retrieved on 5 October 2011. "Address: 14 Zhitnaya Ulitsa, Moscow 119991"
- "CONTACT Archived November 15, 2011, at the Wayback Machine." Ministry of Education and Science. Retrieved on 1 November 2011. "Address: Tverskaya street, 11, Moscow, 125993" - Address in Russian Archived November 5, 2011, at the Wayback Machine: "ул.Тверская, д.11, г.Москва, ГСП-3, 125993"
- "Queries." Aeroflot. Retrieved on 29 June 2010. "Legal / mailing address: # 10, Arbat street, 119002 Moscow" – "Обращение в авиакомпанию." – Address in Russian: "Юридический адрес / Адрес для почтовых отправлений: 119002 Москва, ул. Арбат, д. 10"
- Home page. United Aircraft Corporation. Retrieved on 8 December 2010. "Ulansky side-street, bld.1, 22 Moscow 101000, Russia" – Address in Russian: "101000, Москва Уланский пер., д.22, стр.1 "
- "Contacts Archived August 26, 2011, at the Wayback Machine." (Direct map image link Archived September 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine) Tupolev. Retrieved on 8 December 2010. "Address in Moscow: Russia, Moscow, Academician Tupolev Embankment 17 " Address in Russian Archived August 26, 2011, at the Wayback Machine: "105005 г. Москва Набережная Академика Туполева д.17"
- "ANA City Offices/Ticketing Offices Europe." All Nippon Airways. Retrieved on 31 August 2011. "Moscow Sales Office World Trade Center (WTC) Room 606, Mezhdunarodnaya-2 Building, 12 Krasnopresnenskaya Nab, 123610, Moscow, Russi"
- "Company Info / Contact Info." Korean Air. Retrieved on 30 August 2011. "CIS Headquarters Bolshoy Gnezdnykovsky Pereulok D1/2, Moscow, Russia" Address in Russian: "Большой Гнездниковский переулок 1/2 Москва Россия"
- "Accueil Archived June 26, 2015, at the Wayback Machine." Lycée Français Alexandre Dumas de Moscou. Retrieved on 22 March 2014. "101000 МОСКВА, Милютинский пер. д. 7А, Французский лицей Lycée français, 7A Milioutinsky per., 101000 MOSCOU"
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Central Moscow.|
- Official website of Central Administrative Okrug (in Russian)