Celo Knob is the northernmost major peak in the Black Mountains of western North Carolina. It is located just north of Mount Mitchell State Park in the Pisgah National Forest. It is the first peak encountered while hiking the Black Mountain Crest Trail from Bowlens Creek. The trail passes to the southwest of the summit, which can be reached by various herd paths.
|Elevation||6,327 ft (1,928 m)|
|Prominence||647 ft (197 m)|
|Location||Yancey, North Carolina, United States|
- "Celo Knob, North Carolina". Peakbagger.com. 2008-07-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Celo Knob.|
- "North Carolina". The Nature Conservancy. Archived from the original on 2008-10-06. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "Travel, Attractions and Points of Interest near Celo Knob, North Carolina". MountainPeaks.net. Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "4372756 North Carolinas from the East". Flickr. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "SummitPost.org". SummitPost.org. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "Celo Knob". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2011-05-09.