Celestial Movies (天映频道) is an Asian 24-hour movie channel. The channel also screens films from and shows interviews with movie stars and directors, entertainment news and film award ceremonies. Available in 11 territories across Asia Pacific, including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka and other to HD in Malaysia, Jakarta.
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Launched||3 March 2003|
|Nexmedia (Indonesia)||Channel 508|
Channel 311 (HD)
|Channel 309 (HD)|
|Channel 24 (HD 800/77/99)|
Channel 6 (C01/C02)
|Channel 78 (SD)|
|Channel 309 (HD) (via NJOI Prepaid)|
|Channel 585 (HD/VOD)|
|Channel 868 (HD)|
Channel 870 (VOD)
|Unifi TV (Malaysia)||Channel 288 (Starting 1 October 2021)|
Due to agreement between Celestial Tiger Entertainment and Astro Holding Sdn Bhd, this channel couldn't appear on other TV providers in Malaysia until 1 October 2021, this channel launch in Unifi TV on channel 288.
The channel features Chinese movies from regional film studios such as Media Asia Distribution, Emperor Motion Pictures, Filmko Pictures, Golden Harvest Entertainment, CJ Entertainment and Toho.
On weeknights, movies are scheduled by genres: namely Drama Monday, Action Tuesday, Comedy Wednesday, Bromance Thursday and Fantasy Friday. During Saturday and Sunday nights, Celestial Movies showcases blockbusters and first-run movies.
Other programmes include news of movie and film-festival from around the globe, documentaries and shorts. Celestial also produces a number of original behind-the-scenes programmes such as: Celestial Cameos, Director To Director, Celestial Express and Star Talk.
Celestial Classic MoviesEdit
Celestial Classic Movies (CCM) is a 24-hour pay-TV movie channel screening Chinese classic movies from the Shaw Brothers library and other film libraries. All Shaw Brothers movies are digitally restored to bring viewers sound and picture quality matching the original cinematic prints.
Celestial Movies Pinoy (Philippines)Edit
Celestial Tiger Entertainment has teamed with Viva Communications to create Celestial Movies Pinoy, a localized Philippines version of CTE’s Chinese film channel Celestial Movies. The channel was launched on January 1, 2016 on the basic tier of DTH satellite provider Cignal TV. Movies and on-air presentations are dubbed in a mixture of Tagalog and English. Their programming is a mix of Chinese-language movies and TV series, behind-the-scenes specials, interviews with Chinese talent and thematic programming centered around superstars or popular genres.
Celestial Movies AsiaEdit
Celestial Movies Asia (CMA) was a 24-hour pay-TV movie channel that featured movies from the Celestial Movies and Celestial Classic Movies channels in Asia. With a choice of more than 100 titles from Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Mainland China, Taiwan, Thailand, and Singapore every month, CMA offered Asian cinema and premieres a variety of regional movies. Every Saturday night, CMA showcases Asian blockbusters of selected topics or genre. While on every Sunday night, CMA broadcasts the latest or even non-screened Asian movies exclusively in Celestial Asia Premiere.
- Newers, Television Asia, Celestial Movies Asia and Celestial Classic Movies channels debut on now TV, retrieved on June 30, 2009, https://web.archive.org/web/20090826074650/http://www.newser.com/archive-arts-living-news/1G1-179075879/celestial-movies-asia-and-celestial-classic-movies-channels-debut-on-now-tvnews.html
- Access My Library, Television Asia, Celestial Movies Asia and Celestial Classic Movies channels debut on now TV, retrieved on June 30, 2009, http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-34498254_ITM
- Celestial Pictures, TV Channels, retrieved on June 30, 2009, https://web.archive.org/web/20090626032120/http://www.celestialpictures.com/level2_cm.cfm
- Media Research Asia (2008), Two Celestial Pictures Join the now TV Lineup, retrieved on June 30, 2009, https://web.archive.org/web/20110714064545/http://www.mediaresearchasia.com/view2.php?type=press&id=153
- Screendaily.com (2007), "Celestial Movies launches on Indonesia's TELKOMVision", retrieved on June 30, 2009
- Television Asia (2008), "Celestial Movies Asia and Celestial Classic Movies channels debut on now TV", retrieved on June 30, 2009, HighBeam
- Television Asia (20030, "Celestial Movies launched at the most auspicious time: 3pm on the 3rd day of the 3rd month of the 3rd year of the millennium. Clearly Asia's newest channel is taking as few chances as possible", retrieved on June 30, 2009, http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-22891271_ITM
- Television Asia Plus Website, "Channel Description", retrieved on June 30, 2009, https://web.archive.org/web/20090804224022/http://www.onscreenasia.com/annualguide/Channels/detail-10-CELESTIAL%20MOVIES
- Variety.com (2015), "CTE, Viva To Launch Filipino Version of Celestial Movies Channel", retrieved on November 16, 2015