Cavalier Corporation Limited is a New Zealand company specializing in the manufacturer of broadloom wool carpet. Floated in 1984, the company was once included in the NZX 50 share index, as one of New Zealand's 50 largest public companies. As of December 2015 Cavalier had a market capitalisation of just under NZ$42 million, down from $167 million in May 2010. It left the NZX50 due to lack of market capitalisation in January 2013.
|Public Company NZX: CAV|
|Industry||Carpets and textiles|
Number of locations
|New Zealand, Australia|
|Revenue||NZ$247m (June 2009)|
Number of employees
|Approximately 1000 (2009)|
The corporation took over the assets of Bremworth carpets, who had been manufacturing since 1959.
- 100% ownership of Cavalier Bremworth, which operates two carpet manufacturing plants in New Zealand, and sales offices in Australia, USA, Canada, the Middle East and Asia.
- 100% ownership of Cavalier Spinners, carpet yarn spinners.
- 100% ownership of Elco Direct Ltd., a wool procurement company.
- 100% share in Norman Ellison Carpets, which shares the Cavalier tufting site in Auckland.
- 97.25% ownership of Ontera Modular Carpet, a Sydney-based manufacturer of carpet tile.
- 50% holdings in each of Hawkes Bay Wool Scour and Canterbury Wool Scour Ltd, which provide wool-scouring services to the company and other customers.
Brands owned include Cavalier Bremworth, Bremworth Collection, Habitat Collection, Cavalier Commercial, Soho Collection, Norman Ellison Carpets and Flashbac(TM).
- "About Us". Cavalier Corporation. Archived from the original on 26 May 2010. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- "Fonterra's dairy trumps Cavalier's wool in NZX 50 reshuffle". The National Business Review. 2013-01-11. Retrieved 2018-09-16.
- "Cavalier Bremworth - Auckland, New Zealand - Business - Made from New Zealand". www.madefromnewzealand.com. Retrieved 2018-09-16.