Cauvery Bridge, Erode
Cauvery Bridge (காவேரி பாலம், Kaveri palam) is a stone bridge across the Kaveri River in Erode, Tamil Nadu, India. The bridge connects Karungalpalayam in Erode with Pallipalayam in Namakkal district. This two-lane bridge is the primary gateway for the city of Pallipalayam, from the east. 
Being the major transit artery of Erode, it meets heavy traffic congestion due to increasing vehicular movements in the city. For easing the traffic congestion and a component of infrastructure expansion for Erode, the Government planned to widen this into four-lane by constructing additional bridge. The new bridge is being constructed in parallel to the existing one to convert the traffic in two-way manner. 
Additional structures for reducing the trafficEdit
Further to reduce the traffic congestion in this bridge, few more infrastructures has been developed along the Cauvery river to share the traffic flow between Erode City and Namakkal district Bridge is named after a former chief minister of Tamil Nadu selvi J.Jayalalitha as Puratchi thalaivi amma bridge.
- Two-lane roadway bridge constructed along the Vendipalayam Barrage of Bhavani Kattalai Hydroelectric Project.
- High-level bridge as a part of Erode Outer Ring Road near Lakkapuram. 
- Railway bridge (Double tracked) connecting Erode Junction and Cauvery Railway stations in the city of Erode spans across the Cauvery River.
- "Traffic hit as lorry breakdown on Cauvery bridge". The Hindu. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- "State to construct new bridge across Cauvery". The Hindu. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- "Additional bridge work across Cauvery makes slow progress". The Hindu. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- "Hydro project barrage nearing completeion". Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- "HIGHWAYS DEPARTMENT HIGH LEVEL BRIDGE ACROSS CAUVERY RIVER, ERODE". Archived from the original on 29 September 2014. Retrieved 29 September 2014.