Catherine Chelsea Rampell (born November 4, 1984) is an American journalist and nationally syndicated opinion columnist.
Rampell in 2016
|Born||November 4, 1984|
|Education||Princeton University, 2007|
Ellen Kahn Rampell|
Early life and educationEdit
Rampell grew up in a Jewish family in South Florida, the daughter of Ellen (née Kahn), an accountant, and Richard Rampell. She attended Princeton University, graduating Phi Beta Kappa in 2007. Both her parents are Princeton alumni.
Rampell is an opinion columnist for The Washington Post and a member of The Washington Post Writers Group. She also is a CNN Political Commentator. Prior to joining The Washington Post, Rampell was an economics journalist, theater critic, and blogger for The New York Times.
Rampell has received many awards, including the 2016 Helm Alumni Leadership Award and the 2010 Weidenbaum Center Award for Evidence-Based Journalism. In addition, she was a finalist for the 2012 Gerald Loeb Award for business journalism.
In 2014, she married Christopher Conlon.
- Rampell, Catherine; Haynesworth, Leah J. (April 6, 2011). "Not your mother's Princeton"". Princeton Alumni Weekly. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- Patterson, Duane (November 2, 2015). "Washington Post Opinion Columnist Catherine Rampell Defends The CNBC Moderators And MSM Bias - Interview by Hugh Hewitt". AM 1260.
I would say I’m an agnostic. I was raised Jewish, but now am pretty secular.
- Rampell, Catherine (March 13, 2018). "Catherine Rampell: Hey, Putin: Don't pin this on the Jews. Let's be frank: If Jews had rigged the election, it would have had a way different outcome". Salt Lake Tribune.
But as a Jew, I find Putin’s attempt to implicate my people to be disgusting, offensive and obviously false.
- "Catherine Rampell". The Washington Post. Retrieved January 6, 2017.
- Rampell, Catherine (December 20, 2006). "Standing up for legacy admissions". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- "The Sam Nunberg Show — Pitaro to lead ESPN — Ex-WSJ reporter's ordeal — New NYT politics editor". POLITICO Media. Retrieved 2018-03-06.
- Byers, Dylan (January 28, 2014). "Catherine Rampell leaves NYT for WaPo". Politico. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- "Catherine Rampell". Institute for New Economic Thinking. 2018. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- "Catherine Rampell Named 2016 Heim Alumni Leadership Award Winner". Duke University. May 1, 2016. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- "Media Award". Weidenbaum Center. Washington University in St. Louis. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- "UCLA Anderson Announces 2012 Gerald Loeb Award Finalists". UCLA Anderson School of Management. May 14, 2012. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- Allen, Mike (September 24, 2014). "Washington Post columnist and former NYT reporter Catherine Rampell married Columbia University assistant professor of Econ Christopher Conlon Sunday night at Battery Gardens in NYC". Politico.