Cathedral of the Sea
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cathedral of the Sea (Spanish: La catedral del mar) is a 2006 historical novel by Spanish author Ildefonso Falcones. The action takes place in 14th century Barcelona at the height of the city's trade and military power in the Mediterranean, during the construction of Santa Maria del Mar serving as background to the story.
|Original title||La catedral del mar|
The book is set in Barcelona and its main character is Arnau Estanyol, the son of a fugitive serf and one of the cathedral's stone workers, who obtains freedom and eventually achieves a high status in society.
The novel has won several literary awards including:
- Euskadi de Plata 2006 (Spain)
- The Qué Leer Award (Spain)
- Giovanni Boccaccio Award 2007 (Italy)
- Patton, Rebecca (30 August 2018). "Will La Catedral Del Mar Return For Season 2 On Netflix? The Expansive Spanish Epic Took Years to Make". Bustle. Retrieved 29 October 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Gleave, Bethany (3 September 2018). "Game of Thrones Fans Will Love Netflix's Latest Series". Retrieved 29 October 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Mitchelhill-Miller, Hayley (4 September 2018). "Netflix's New Series Is Being Called The NEXT Game of Thrones". Retrieved 29 October 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Askham, Gemma. "20 Best Things to Do in Barcelona". Condé Nast Traveler. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- Official website (archived) (in Spanish)