Zagreb // is the capital city of Croatia. A city of approaching a million inhabitants, it lies on the River Sava in the southwestern part of the Pannonian Basin. The city serves as a connection for traffic between Central Europe and the Adriatic Sea, as well as possessing an international airport. It is both an industrial centre and significant tourist destination.
Populated since the Neolithic period, its modern name first appeared in 1094, although in the Austro-Hungarian era the German name Agram was used officially. Undergoing a period of urban expansion, Zagreb's metropolitan area, which includes Samobor, Velika Gorica and Zaprešić, has a population of 1,237,841 (2001 figures).
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- Zagreb-related lists (6 P)
- Buildings and structures in Zagreb (8 C, 55 P)
- Zagreb in fiction (1 C, 2 P)
- Geography of Zagreb (3 C, 16 P)
- History of Zagreb (4 C, 24 P)
- Organizations based in Zagreb (3 C, 35 P)
- People from Zagreb (21 C, 22 P)
- Sport in Zagreb (6 C, 26 P)
- Zagreb stubs (2 C, 47 P)