Volcanoes are usually mountains (sometimes islands, lakes, plateaus, calderas, seamounts or lava domes) that are formed when magma (liquid rock) wells up from inside the Earth. There are also analogous formations away from the Earth.
Many volcanoes are categorized both as volcanoes and other landforms, such as mountains (if qualified).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Volcanoes.|
This category has the following 37 subcategories, out of 37 total.
- ► Lists of volcanoes (114 P)
- ► Atolls (7 C, 5 P)
- ► Decade Volcanoes (2 C, 18 P)
- ► Extraterrestrial volcanoes (4 C, 5 P)
- ► Hotspot volcanoes (9 C, 105 P)
- ► Volcanic islands (22 C, 48 P)
- ► Lava domes (1 C, 111 P)
Pages in category "Volcanoes"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
Media in category "Volcanoes"
This category contains only the following file.
- Chaiten plume.JPG 477 × 610; 73 KB