Category:Monuments and memorials
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Monuments and memorials.|
Monuments and memorials are objects that commemorate something, usually a person, a group of people or an event. Popular forms of monuments and memorials include statues, obelisks, landmark objects or art objects such as sculptures or fountains.
(Note: Although monuments and memorials in the U.S. include National Memorials like the Washington Monument, this category is not meant to describe various natural park–type places, such as Devils Postpile, which happen to be given the legal name "National Monument" for reasons unrelated to any memorial.)
This category has the following 40 subcategories, out of 40 total.
- ► Lists of monuments and memorials (3 C, 3 P)
- ► Burial monuments and structures (23 C, 158 P, 3 F)
- ► Historical markers (5 C, 8 P)
- ► Types of monuments and memorials (84 P)
- ► United Daughters of the Confederacy monuments and memorials (2 C, 45 P)
Pages in category "Monuments and memorials"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).