A hypothesis (plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it. In contrast, Conjectures are statements which cannot necessarily be empirically tested.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hypotheses.|
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Biological hypotheses (13 C, 39 P)
- ► Hypothetical documents (11 P)
- ► Hypothetical impact events (15 P)
- ► Meteorological hypotheses (15 P)
- ► Hypothetical technology (8 C, 56 P)
Pages in category "Hypotheses"
The following 70 pages are in this category, out of 70 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).