Charles Darwin was an English naturalist whose revolutionary theory laid the foundation for both the modern theory of evolution and the principle of common descent by proposing natural selection as a mechanism. He published this proposal in 1859 in the book The Origin of Species, which remains his most famous work.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- Darwinism (15 P)
- Taxa named by Charles Darwin (16 P)
- Charles Darwin University (1 C, 3 P, 1 F)
- Works by Charles Darwin (1 C, 8 P)
Pages in category "Charles Darwin"
The following 80 pages are in this category, out of 80 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Darwin and women
- Darwin from Descent of Man to Emotions
- Darwin from Insectivorous Plants to Worms
- Darwin from Orchids to Variation
- Darwin Island
- Darwin Medal
- Commemoration of Charles Darwin
- Robin Darwin
- Sarah Darwin
- William Erasmus Darwin
- Darwin's Arch
- Development of Darwin's theory
- Differential fitness
- Down House
- Downe Bank
- St Mary's Church, Downe
- Guillaume Duchenne de Boulogne