|Type||subsidiary of a listed company|
|Predecessor||Cassa di Risparmio di Vignola|
|Defunct||29 November 2010(S.p.A. only)|
|Fate||absorbed into BPER|
|Owner||Banca Popolare dell'Emilia Romagna (100%)|
|Parent||Banca Popolare dell'Emilia Romagna|
Cassa di Risparmio di Vignola (the saving bank of Vignola) was founded on 4 August 1872. Soon after it merged with Cassa di Risparmio di Spilamberto. Due to Legge Amato, the bank was split into Banca CRV – Cassa di Risparmio di Vignola S.p.A. (a limited company) and Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Vignola (a banking foundation; now known as Fondazione di Vignola) on 20 December 1991 (gazetted on 24 January 1992).
The foundation sold the majority interests in the company, to Banca Popolare dell'Emilia Romagna (BPER) in late 1990s. In 2000, BPER owned 76.087% shares. The remain 23.913% shares was sold by the foundation to BPER in 2005, for about €33 million.
On 29 November 2010 the bank was absorbed into the parent company.
The former owner of the bank, Fondazione di Vignola, still runs as a charity organization.
- "Storia" [Story] (in Italian). Vignola Foundation. Archived from the original on 29 January 2016. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "Approvazione del progetto di ristrutturazione presentato dalla Cassa di risparmio di Vignola". Gazzetta Ufficiale (in Italian). 24 January 1992. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "Bilancio Consolidato 2000" (PDF). Banca Popolare dell'Emilia Romagna (BPER) (in Italian). Borsa Italiana archive. 7 May 2001. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "BILANCIO CONSUNTIVO 2005" (PDF). Vignola Foundation (in Italian). Associazione di Fondazioni e di Casse di Risparmio S.p.A. (ACRI) archive. 16 November 2006. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "bilancio 2005 individuale" (PDF). BPER (in Italian). Borsa Italiana archive. 18 May 2006.
- "FUSIONE PER INCORPORAZIONE DI CASSA DI RISPARMIO DI VIGNOLA IN BANCA POPOLARE DELL'EMILIA ROMAGNA" (in Italian). BPER. 3 December 2010. Archived from the original on 9 March 2016. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- Official website of Fondazione di Vignola (in Italian)